• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Cross barrel extension - where to buy?

Greg M

Private
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2023
Hi folks - I am new to this forum and searching for information on where to get an extra extension for my SIG Cross. I read a post about Schnee working on an aftermarket version that they abandoned ~1 year ago. I have also sent the question to SIG customer service. These things seem pretty elusive.

Does anyone have a lead on where I might buy one? I am waiting for the arrival of a new barrel from Straight Jacket Armory and would refer to make swapping easier...what is the use of having a multi-caliber rifle if you need to bring a tool chest to the range for swapping barrels? :-(

Reactions: MoHobbyPlinker
just like sako, you will never see them separate from oem barrels

they in business to make money not make it easy for you to but other mfg products

additionally buying after market non oem parts on a high pressure system might not be the best idea in general

like most products if the sig takes off there will be a few shops making them , but right now the market is tiny and prob not worth the cost to make only a few

Reactions: Greg M
There's no way to currently get one unless you buy another Sig Cross barrel from Sig or another complete rifle. The .308 version is somewhat available, not sure about other calibers. They were $400 and change this time last year and are now $500+. Just a guess but Schnee's either got a cease and desist from Sig or their lawyers stepped in and said it would be too much of a risk (.277 Fury). Not sure if the extensions are some super secret material or not.

Looks like it's back down below $500 again but of course, out of stock! https://www.sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer/sig-sauer-cross-rifle-16-barrel-assembly-308-win-395

There's no way to currently get one unless you buy another Sig Cross barrel from Sig or another complete rifle. The .308 version is somewhat available, not sure about other calibers. They were $400 and change this time last year and are now $500+. Just a guess but Schnee's either got a cease and desist from Sig or their lawyers stepped in and said it would be too much of a risk (.277 Fury). Not sure if the extensions are some super secret material or not.

Looks like it's back down below $500 again but of course, out of stock! https://www.sigsauerparts.com/sig-sauer/sig-sauer-cross-rifle-16-barrel-assembly-308-win-395
Good guess and you may still be right. FWIW - I searched their patent filings and was not able to find anything related to barrels or barrel extensions that covered this part. Any machinists on this forum that could make the part for less than ~$150? I have an idea.... ;-)

Last edited:

What am I missing ?

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 12.16.08 PM.png

Nothing...I was commenting on the price. Sorry to create false hope.

As an update, I submitted a request via SIGs website which solicited this response:
Thank you for contacting Sig Sauer

We do not offer these items at our webstore, I am sorry about that. We may be able to assist you through another sales channel. For potential options: Please contact our Customer Service Department at 1-603-610-3000 and select option 1. The hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST. Mondays tend to have a very high call volume, so please consider calling on a different day if possible, otherwise there may be a wait to speak to a representative.

Kindest,

Bill Saunders
Customer Service
[email protected]

Called SIG customer service and asked various questions you would expect, "Is there a way to purchase one?", "Do you have any visibility into availability?", "Do you know any aftermarket sources?", and finally "Why did Schnee's abruptly cancel they effort to create one?"

Waste of time. The answer was effectively, "we are too busy making guns" and "I have no idea when they will be available". It would have been more helpful if there were an automated AI bot generating answers that made me laugh, or at least smile...

Any one following this thread, I found a comment alluding to the possibility of barrel extensions coming available.

Here is someone from Schnee's saying barrel extensions will be available soon. The post was Jan 8, 2023 on another forum site.

Hi folks - I am new to this forum and searching for information on where to get an extra extension for my SIG Cross. I read a post about Schnee working on an aftermarket version that they abandoned ~1 year ago. I have also sent the question to SIG customer service. These things seem pretty elusive.

Does anyone have a lead on where I might buy one? I am waiting for the arrival of a new barrel from Straight Jacket Armory and would refer to make swapping easier...what is the use of having a multi-caliber rifle if you need to bring a tool chest to the range for swapping barrels? :-(
You can buy a new barrel extension any time you like. It will cost roughly $1600 + tax

Sorry man, I'm not the guy for barrel extensions.
I was searching for instructions to remove the barrel extension and the tool needed to interface with the jam nut on the barrel itself.
The only extension I have is on my rifle.

@Bozeman.Man Any news to share with us on availability of SIG Cross Extensions? @BELLYCRAWL said you are the go to guy for G2.

You're going to hate this... but yes, there is movement. But nothing i can openly discuss at this time. I know it's taken a long time, but it'll be worth it in the end.

We had looked at producing them, but without the tooling and scale that SIG has, it was going to cost us around $600-800 just to produce each one. Which isn't really viable. I will be posting around here as things start to happen.

no nasty letters or anything fun like that.... things were going to cost a fortune to produce on our own. Just buying the barrel assembly if you can find them, would become a cheaper option.

You're going to hate this... but yes, there is movement. But nothing i can openly discuss at this time. I know it's taken a long time, but it'll be worth it in the end.

We had looked at producing them, but without the tooling and scale that SIG has, it was going to cost us around $600-800 just to produce each one. Which isn't really viable. I will be posting around here as things start to happen.
Just out of curiosity, what are the quantities you'd need to produce to get the price down? Is there an inflection point?

I think you sent this message to the wrong person.
I am not looking for extensions. I was only inquiring about tools to work on my own rifle.

I'm also looking for a cross barrel extension, basicly commenting so when the news that can't be talked about changes I'll see the replies and hopefully get notified.

no nasty letters or anything fun like that.... things were going to cost a fortune to produce on our own. Just buying the barrel assembly if you can find them, would become a cheaper option.

I always enjoy a stroll through the gun room when I'm on Main St, but I didn't know you guys manufactured anything firearm related. What else do you make?

Currently sig doesn't even list barrels for sale on their site. I asked at another site selling factory sig barrels but it was just barrels not extensions with them

I have the ability to produce extensions, and have been running them for a few months. In order to do a run on the CNC’s I would need to have 25-30 guys interested though as the machine time, heat treat and tooling make them costly to produce in 1s and 2s
Assuming price is under the price of a stock barrel (which comes with an extension) I'm definitely interested

Reactions: Thebear_78
I have the ability to produce extensions, and have been running them for a few months. In order to do a run on the CNC’s I would need to have 25-30 guys interested though as the machine time, heat treat and tooling make them costly to produce in 1s and 2s

I'd be in for a couple at a reasonable price.

Unless you purchase another whole weapon or another Sig Cross barrel from Sig, there is currently no way to obtain one.

I’d be interested in one or two if you do make some

I’d also buy some extensions if you can make them in the $100 - $150 range.

Awesome proof is making them. MSRP is what I paid for my whole rifle, and I don’t see any in stock at the moment.
It’s a step in the right direction though.