Sig Cross vs Tikka CTR in Chassis

zekers7

Private
Supporter
PX Member
PX Member
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Well given the current market prices I'm debating parting from my MRAD. I LOVE it but when they are going for the current prices... between the rifle, caliber conv, and 300 NM ammo that's never shot, I have over 10k sitting in a rifle that's shot a few times per year max.

Question is:
Tikka CTR 6.5 in a KRG Chassis or look into a sig cross? Or am I totally crazy and should just hang onto the MRAD

brianf

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2010
NY
sig cross has recalls goin on from day 1, id stay away until it squared up. there is a thread about it etc

if you plan on lightening your load send me a PM on your ammo and price

brazz04

Sergeant of the Hide
PX Member
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2018
I would think weight would be the deciding factor. The cross looks to be sorted out now, but I would think it will weigh a good deal less (maybe 1.5lbs?) than a Tikka in a chassis. That was the appeal to me for getting a cross. I'll be using mine as a hunting rifle tough, so I wanted the lighter weight. But I like everything to start out light, adding weight is easy should it be needed.

Joeg26er

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
I am considering the same thing. I have a Tac A1 which comes with a super heavy chassis. Either going to order a Sig Cross or change chassis to XLR Magnesium for approx $600 w/folding stock option

Avonac

Private
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2013
I’ve had a couple of CTR’s and now have a Cross. The Tikka is the easy answer. That being said, I really like my Cross. The weight savings is nice and the cross shoots just as good.

khuber84

Aim small, miss small
PX Member
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2008
Montana
I am considering the same thing. I have a Tac A1 which comes with a super heavy chassis. Either going to order a Sig Cross or change chassis to XLR Magnesium for approx $600 w/folding stock option
That element 4.0 magnesium will be closer to 1000$ with grip, folder, cerakote and carbon butt stock. I have a few.

jonnybrowning

Private
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2020
Tikka all the way. A proven quality rifle.

SIG has burned too many customers with their experimentation and lack of parts availability and support.