• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Cross

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Anyone shooting one? How do you like it? How’s accuracy? How rough is the bolt? Trigger?

I dont think they are out yet I have one on order but I have not heard of any in the wild.

I've seen a few places taking preorders but without any ETA. Is this going to be vaporware?

I ran it a bit at Sig's media event prior to Shotshow this year. The action/bolt feels like an RPR. The trigger is not bad, but only goes down to 2lbs If I remember correctly. Accuracy was inside a minute using Sig's match ammo. Compare it with a Bergara, compare it with the RPR, compare it with a factory Rem700, but don't compare it with a Tikka. The Tikka action is sooo much smoother and nicer. I'm not a tikka fan boi, just trying to give you a mental...feel for the rifle.

Supposed to be 6.5cm, .308 and mention of the .277 Sig Fury using the new case technology. Was a thread here somewhere. I somewhat have/had an interest in one. With typical hype and delays, I'm leaning on a Impact and short fat barrel .223 build now. They did the same with the CSASS submission, AKA SPEAR. Years of hype and cool bro dozier pics and nothing to market.
    Not that I won't end up with one. Weight and price point is the big attractor here and as I understand, easy barrel change outs.

I talked to my local dealer today and he said that none of the suppliers have a sku yet, I am not looking for them to ship until probably October

If you guys are interested in the ‘why’ of the features the Cross offers listen to ‘HuntTheBackcountry’ podcast. One of their newer episodes covers the Cross. It sounds like a FrankenRifle...... which makes me want it more. They were slightly hesitant to discuss any particular number on barrel life with the .277 Fury, claiming psi of 80,000. They did however discuss bullet options with that round in particular. After their field tests shooting elk with the .277 they said they were not satisfied so they made changes through the winter and spring. They are making brand new cans too.

Any word on the release date for these? I thought it was supposed to be in May or June?

Be careful with early units regarding quality and reliability. SIG has a history of poor launches with recalls and fixes required. I know a few people making parts for SIG and they are pushing this one hard ... which isn't always helpful.

Reactions: Gtscotty
    i asked on another thread..
    has anyone seen ACTUAL velocity information NOT from magazine articles (there was confusion on the other thread lol, no matter how many times i reiterated it)

thanks

According to the end of this review:

Sig is planning an ultralight version with a carbon fiber barrel and a PRS version with extra weights.

i asked on another thread..
    has anyone seen ACTUAL velocity information NOT from magazine articles (there was confusion on the other thread lol, no matter how many times i reiterated it)

thanks
    I have been getting average velocity of 2724 with 150 grain Nosler bt's and average 2450 with 165 btsp. Only issue I have had is hard bolt lift with almost all ammo. Not every round but a consent. Contacted Sig, haven't heard back yet.

Im considering getting one. What do you guys think of yours?