• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig Customer Service

twadsw01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Durham, NC
Just got off the phone with Sig's Customer service...

Last night at a match, I had a light strike on a primer apparently (not sure if it was actually a light strike or if it was crappy ammo, but I was using Federal American Eagle in .40s&w, 165 gr). It's the first light strike I've had, so it's not a huge deal, but I've never cleaned inside the firing pin channel and I was wondering if there was a way to do that without disassembling the slide, and how regularly it needs to be done (no better people to get this info from than the people who manufactured the pistol, right?). I clean this pistol regularly and meticulously. It stays immaculate, and well-lubricated. I make sure when I'm cleaning that nothing gets inside the firing pin hole.

Well, I get on the phone with Sig Sauer customer service to ask them these questions. I'm told by the customer service representative that, since my pistol has ~1300 rounds through it, I'm getting close to the point that it should need a full disassembly and cleaning. Also, I'm offered Sig's factory-cleaning service, which comes at a cost of $80 + $55 shipping!!

There are two things here that are deserving of closer scrutiny. 1) According to the representative, the pistol is probably close to being due for a full disassembly/cleaning after only 1300 rounds and after being painstakingly maintained? AND, 2) It will cost me $135 for a simple cleaning after I've paid over $1k for the pistol to begin with??? At this rate, after 5000 rounds (3-ish cleanings), I could have bought a whole other new damn pistol for the price of the cleanings on this one. That's some wonderful customer service/loyalty. You'd think that >$1k for a pistol would buy you something, but there's *no one* I've talked to (glock or sig fanboys alike) that has told me that a sig is worth almost 2x what a glock costs.

The pistol has been awesome in all respects (reliable, accurate), but what's described above is enough of an issue to make me sell the thing and go to another manufacturer for my next pistol (s&w).

My advice: think hard about purchasing one of their pistols. From what I'm reading in several places now, they've got somewhat of a reputation for poor customer service. If you are thinking about purchasing one, make sure you know of a good local Sig armorer (no telling how much they'd charge for their services though), or be able to disassemble and work on it yourself (and, as I was informed on the phone, be ready to have your warranty voided from the disassembly, if you're not a Sig armorer).

Re: Sig Customer Service

Why don't you disassemble and clean it yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">be ready to have your warranty voided from the disassembly, if you're not a Sig armorer</div></div>

Guess I'll stick with other options.

"Sig Customer Service" is the title of one of the shortest books ever, along with "Congressional Ethics" , Ny nancy Pelosi'; "Things I Did to Find Nicole's Real Killer", by OJ Simpson, and "French Commbat Heroes of WWII".

I have had great experience with Sig customer service. You can tell them that you painstakingly clean and maintain your pistol all day long, but realize how many people they talk to every day that say the same thing, yet pistols and rifles still come in rusted and corroded. I'm not saying this to offend or call you a liar, its just the truth.

Try checking out http://grayguns.com/ or give them a call. This is a great company to work with and of course certified Sig Armorer.

Good luck.

I've got nothing but good things to say about Sig CS. I have a pistol that's about to go to them. Last time I flat out told them I tarfu'd a pistol and they fixed it for free anyway, pretending like it wasn't my fault. I was told however that the only sig certified armorers are in their building, so even though there are folks out there like GG that do a great job working on them, they are not necessarily Sig certified. There was a hack semi local to me who claimed to be sig certified, who had my pistol for over a month and didn't do a thing to it.

I had a great dealing with Sig. I noticed after cleaning my P226R .357sig that there appeared to be a hairline crack on the slide rail. I have several thousand rounds through it I brought it to our amrorer who put it under a magnifier and determined it was indeed a crack. I talked to a Sig representative and had a new slide in hand, free of charge within a couple of days. I am pleased with my experience.

Parts breaking and the ability for a local smith to fix if I can't is why I own Glock's and 1911's. Granted they are different platforms but are very simple to fix and strip down, as long as its not a major problem like the damn thing blew up. There are plenty of factory and aftermarket parts that are availible and enough information on the net to help a person diagnose the problem and the info one would need to send the pistol to a good company or smith. I do own a Sig .380 like the Colt Mustang. Very nice little .380 I hope that if I ever need thier customer service they will be good to go.

Since you clean well...spend about 50 bucks on one of the Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaners. A 1/3 tank of Ed's red and your slide in it for 20 minutes will ensure no trash in the guts without disassembling it. Blow it out with HP air and you'll be gtg. JMHO

Buy the DVD and take it all the way down. I bought the DVD and it is great. Will save you a butt load in no time.
I have had great CS with Sig.
I have my 226 BW at Grey Guns, and should have it back anytme now.

Good luck, JPG

They are selling a service. Nothing else. Go over here for Sig info:
http://www.sigforum.com/

Sig Warranty ie: you could have called and said the gun is not working right. They send a UPS call tag and take your gun apart to find the problem. You would save the money.

My 2¢, customer service has gone down hill since the guy from Kimber came to Sig USA.