• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig- files for bankruptcy

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman

Looks like the original link/ story went dead / retracted

closing a factory and other such news -

Despite growing sales and demand for manufacturing, SIG announced it will shutter its nearly 70-year-old factory at Eckernförde near Kiel, capital of Germany’s state of Schleswig-Holstein, cutting some 125 jobs and possibly canceling future purchase orders.

SIG attributed “locational handicaps” for its production woes in Germany. But the more we dig into the matter; the more anti-gun and anti-military politics appear to be at fault, even though Germany remains a hot market for gun sales.

Last edited:

From their statement:
"The locational disadvantages in Germany for SIG Sauer do not economically allow for manufacturing of sports and LE/military firearms in the future.

Legislation is increasingly restricting the use of sports firearms.

When awarding public contracts, both the German police and the Bundeswehr prefer a few local producers. SIG Sauer is systematically excluded from tenders due to its international orientation, most of its developments originating from the USA.

Nevertheless, the shareholders have made major financial contributions to the stabilization of the company in recent years and the company has implemented drastic cost-cutting measures.

This was intended to secure the traditional company and jobs in Germany.

In addition to the existing problems, there are the current effects of the Corona crisis, which place an additional considerable economic burden on the continuation of business operations in Eckernförde"

Today, Thursday, June 4, 2020, first the Works Council and then the workforce were informed about the economic situation".

I'm pretty sure this partially translates to "We at SIG Sauer are unhappy that the Bundeswehr wants and is going with Heckler & Koch products instead of ours, so we're going to complain about it and say it's because we have a more international market despite HK also having an international market and supplying its weapons to the USA and miltiaries/LE agencies the world over."

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
Hi,

Close the German side down, leave the USA side....German Government now does not control (Since there is no German company) to whom Sig products can be sold to and since most firearms manufactured in the USA are now under Department of Commerce jurisdiction and not Department of State....no export license required unless it is a direct FMS (Foreign Military Sale).....

Sincerely,
Theis

I have always been told German Sigs were better. I have no idea. The one and only sig I ever owned went +400 rounds and had to go back to the mothership. I sold it when it was returned. 🤷‍♂️ But my H&K's have been outstanding. #HKmasterrace

Reactions: Bender
Lol. Sig? HK? Glock is the best pistol. Period.

Apparently HK just came out with a belt fed
637184C7-1888-44CB-94AC-2D11A4177A26.jpeg

Last edited:
This has been coming for a long time.

Bundeswehr, with its diminishing budget, wouldn't buy enough for SIG to give a shit or sustain them. This is part of why HK basically just staves off bankruptcy.

Contracts for US DoD as well as civilian sales in the US are much stronger. The retarded EU export restrictions and taxes only make this idea seem even better.

I have always been told German Sigs were better. I have no idea. The one and only sig I ever owned went +400 rounds and had to go back to the mothership. I sold it when it was returned. 🤷‍♂️ But my H&K's have been outstanding. #HKmasterrace
20160522_185853.jpg

Not a single issue since 1985.

Reactions: whiskeytower
Not much of a market over there when you can get M16 lower there for ~$55 US. Ownership is to complicated and to many hurdles for any gun. Zib is having blowouts but they wont ship most here.

View attachment 7344146

Not sure about that or them but beware, foreign dealers WILL sell you shit like that... I had a buddy in the army that bought a Glock full auto switch off some German site. BOA, his CC bank, turned him in to ATF I guess and they came and seized all his shit and told his mom "he's lucky he's in Iraq". They stole a bunch of nice stuff that had nothing to do with that switch.

He messed up, he was young and ignorant and didn't understand. But fuck the ATF. I hope that motherfucker finds himself on a two way range and gets the same sentiment.

Are there no full auto laws in Germany?

Reactions: deersniper
Not sure about that or them but beware, foreign dealers WILL sell you shit like that... I had a buddy in the army that bought a Glock full auto switch off some German site. BOA, his CC bank, turned him in to ATF I guess and they came and seized all his shit and told his mom "he's lucky he's in Iraq". They stole a bunch of nice stuff that had nothing to do with that switch.

He messed up, he was young and ignorant and didn't understand. But fuck the ATF. I hope that motherfucker finds himself on a two way range and gets the same sentiment.

Are there no full auto laws in Germany?
PRetty sure just barrels are regulated or some bs.

Seems like a liberal neighbor would appreciate a happy switch being sent to their house Lolol

I wondered when the Sig haters would fly out of the closet🧚‍♂️
German Sigs, such as the all-steel P226 X-5, not the new plastic striker-fired model of the same X-5 name, are supremely accurate, reliable and a pleasure to own and use. Pick up a P226 or P229 and use it for steel challenge when you aren’t carrying around town, you’ll most likely enjoy the weapon. Try out an MCX piston AR, with the folding stock. While cleaning it after 500 rounds fired, you will wonder why folks cling to their filthy DI AR’s. If you like 9mm carbines with collapsible stocks, nice sights and 100% reliability, try out an MPX. What’s not to like? Easy, it is Sig’s continual improvement process that sometimes leaves 1st generation buyers hung out to dry when Sig doesn’t provide parts support, making the 1st gen buyer a leper. Their weapons work. Do they cost more than the polymer ugliness with the nasty plastic sights and triggers made like Flipper? Quality always costs more🙊

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Haven’t been impressed with anything by Sig except for my 22 can. Surprised they are cleaning up contracts in the US

Reactions: Ravenworks
I love my p938. My only experience with sig...

:giggle:lol me replying to a year old post .

Last edited:
We are all bored. Well, some of us. I have too much shit to do. I don't have time to post about Sigs, but I'm going to any way. Lawlz.

I have had 6 Sig's. I know 6 is nothing. 2 were of German manu. 232, 220, 226's and 229's. No malfs from any.

Only have 226's now. Want to try a HK. Maybe one day.

E