• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig KILO 2400 ELR performance

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    OK so I missed out on the last of the terrapins, and I'm still looking for a reliable LRF that will range accurately to at least 2000+ yds. I'm not made of $$ so I can't spend $5000+ on a LRF. I just saw that G7 is coming out with a new BR2500 which I'm looking at and the KILO2400. I don't really need the ballistics in either one of them but so be it.
    I did try the KILO2000, and returned it to Cabela's after a few weeks. It wouldn't read anything reliably past 1000 yds. My old Bushnell 1600 binos ranged much better out to 1800 with ease.
    I see that the beam divergence on the new G7 is .75 x 1.5 M-rad while the KILO2400 is a 1.3 mil circle. Both have the same laser, and features for the most part but the KILO is much smaller.
    Does anyone have any real ELR experience with the KILO2400? The G7 isn't out yet so I know I'll not find anything there.
    I don't care about how it ranges inside 1000, just if it actually ranges as advertised, which the KILO2000 did not.
    Thanks.

If price is a issue and you don't need ballistics the newcon 2200 can range to about 2400 yrds for around $850

I have ranged to 1500yds with the Sig Kilo 2400, but that was a fairly large 4'x4' target. I don't think you will get 2k and certainly not on a man size target.

I brought my sig 2200 to the beach last week and was able to range a water tower at 2000yds and windows on houses at 2240, repeatedly. This was all while handholding it but, not in bright sunshine. Not sure how it compares to the 2400 though.

Yeah I looked at newcon & LTI. Funny they offer the same lrf as the new G7 both with & without the ballistics software. Too bad they sell those for $1000 more...
    The newcon 2200 looks good but they don't say what the beam divergence is. I'm not interested in a lrf with a 3 mil beam. My Bushnells do that out to 1800 or so already.
    I watched several reviews of the 2400 last night & they were unanimously positive showing video of them ranging calf elk etc @ 1800+ & rocks well past 2000. But Sig burned me before & I will need to be convinced. Unfortunately I may just end up getting one from Cabelas & return it if it doesn't perform just like I did with the 2000.
    Very unfortunate that the LTI which is unit (Trupulse Tactical) that G7 is about to release is already available but costs $2500.00...

if you're shooting past 1500 or so on a regular basis you probably ought to be looking at a vectronix product, buy a used Terrapin on the lower end or something even better, they're in the for sale section from time to time...just sold one myself so they're out there if you want one

I had a 2400 on loan from Sig for a while, played with it a lot, ranged a car at about 3500yds...so you can make it work. For example ride an ATV out to set up the target, then lase your truck at the shooting location for the distance. On the other hand if you're going to something like the PRS ELR matches or the KOTM and need to verify ranges for targets you haven't set up yourself...again, Vectronix.

Ok I decided to get a Kilo2400 from Cabelas today. I stopped by a spot near my house to give it a quick test. It has been hazy with a lot of fires around for a few weeks but that didn't seem to affect it.
    I started with a treeline at almost a mile. 1st try at several places I got 1716-1703yds.
    Then I tried some buildings but they didn't give a return. I then hit an RV & got an instant return of 3020. Then another vehicle @ 2987. The buildings were @ 3096 according to the map.
    I'm impressed so far.

Last edited:
    I see you already bought it, but I can give you another "good choice" story. I was using my Kilo 2400 today to get very good readings out to 1680. Two weeks ago, I was going toe to toe with my buddy out to 1800. He's shooting the "Tonapah 2Mile", and we were truing up his ballistic app and kestral, etc. He has the Terrapin I believe. My Kilo was reading yard for yard with him out to 2K. I believe, for the money, they are the best out there. I was shooting 1250 today, and it was FAST.

Yes that's good to hear. I did buy one today from Cabela's and did so knowing I could save the sales tax by buying it from Euro or another online store but Cabela's offers their 90 day bring it back for refund deal which I used last time with the Kilo2000. So far the unit is ranging things very well. I set it up and took it outside to range some things using the Bluetooth and it worked flawlessly. I was able to range tree tops against the smoke-hazy sky with the red sun behind them at over 1600 yds. Tomorrow I will probably do some more testing such as boxing the reticle but I'm happy with it so far for sure.
    My only regrets so far are with the Sig AB ballistics app. I haven't found a way to enter a scope calibration, nor turn off the spin drift that is apparently on. I'll look the manual over again to see if I missed something but I don't think I did. Time will tell but so far I'm happy.

We'll not as happy after today. Took it out 1st time with the rifle & tried the Kilo out @ 1090yd. Trued the app & all looked good. Until I wanted to reach out farther. The Kilo was apparently very finicky with its returns. I was able to get it to range a slash pile @ 1900 but it wouldn't range anything past 1500 with any consistency. It might range the rocks & 1520 one time but then not range the same spot at all 30 sec later. There were some rocks @ 1800+ that they wouldn't range no matter how many tries but then range the farther rock easily. Then a minute later wouldn't range it again.
    I was checking it with my buddies Terapin & where it gave a range it was within a couple yds. Bummer is my old Bushnell 1600 binos ranged everything i pointed it at out to about 1850yd. And it was also within a few yds of the Terapin.
    I think the Kilo would be more reliable if they would lower the return intensity threshold. I believe it was getting returns but just didn't show the range because the return signal wasn't quite strong enough. Only thing I can think of to explain why it wasn't as consistent as my Bushnells which cost 1/2 as much & is only rated to range a reflective target to 1600.

Reactions: pbgunrunner
    I bought a 2200MR a couple months ago and can range out to 1800 fairly easily. Now if I could just hit the dam target at 1800. Think I need a bigger gun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk