• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG Kilo 3000BDX black edition? UPDATE

So for those of you who have a misaligned reticle how did you figure out where it is actually projecting the laser and are you just going from memory as far as ranging stuff?
Top of a distant telephone pole. Keep moving it around the ranging circle until you get repeatable results, and make a mental note.

It's conspiracy theory and not limited to Sig by any means, but I often wonder if some of these "blow out" edition batches sales on optics, electronics, even guns etc. are because the manufacturer knows there's a high rate of QA issue with some runs and it's cheaper to sell them on sale and deal with the few that get sent back than to fix the product. Especially when they are still selling the "regular" version for normal prices and a new version doesn't come out soon after.

That said can someone check their black edition paperwork and see what the stated warranty is? Leica used to pull this trick they'd have demo/blem units, and by all accounts they were great, but the warranty was greatly reduced from normal, I think it was 6 months compared to 5 years on the rangefinders. I remember getting surprised with that with a pair of Leica BD's at Cabelas because they didn't mention the reduced warranty.

Reactions: skotydontno
So I ran these this weekend at a match out to 1K and change. my laser is very accurate to the retile in the display. I have a hard time narrowing it down to anywhere outside the circle. if anything its just a scootch low but its very well centered.

Reactions: tihz_on
I finally pulled the trigger on the 3000 black at Midway. I've been thinking about getting a pair of these for a while, then saw the thread on the Terrapin X and waffled. Then went back to the fact that I wanted the 3000 in the first place because I wanted LRF binocs - and the $899 price tag is tough to beat.

Ill say with the bluetooth capability between the binos and the kestrel is really awesome... I had a hud too and if someone is dicking with your binos when your in the clock and your hud is connected, it will change your target card you have loaded. so its wise to shut off your kestrel Link while your on your stage. it appears the binos go through your kestrel to get to your hud .

If you shop around these can be had delivered for under $790

Bro's, totally don't order these. I was hunting Cape buffalo the other day in tall grass and saw some nice bulls at 40yds. I pulled them from my harness so I could count the ticks on their back before deciding which one to take and wouldn't you know it, my diopter spun and while I was fixing it, they charged. Long story short, I no longer have to take shit breaks, because it's going in a bag.

#notfixed #spinnydiopterhasmeshittinginabag

Just got a couple more samples of these.

All of em, every single one, has poorly fitted, loose-ish diopters. They all spin way to easily to be a hunting bin.

Good for shooters and stationary work, bad for real use.

images.jpeg.jpg

Seems like the real answer is to just get rid of the moving parts, fixed diopters for the win!

Just got a couple more samples of these.

All of em, every single one, has poorly fitted, loose-ish diopters. They all spin way to easily to be a hunting bin.

Good for shooters and stationary work, bad for real use.

so you have a number of these binos on hand? assuming your selling them? so you unboxed every one of them and finger fucked them to verify they are junk?

why do you keep getting them in if they are garbage?

So I am going to pull the trigger on these but I was also unsure about why the price difference so I called sig cs and after waiting on hold twice for a little over half an hour each time I finally got a hold of someone who swore the only difference is they are black and dont come with a harness. He specifically stated software and hardware is identical in both models which is what someone up thread posted. Some one else said he got one and it came with everything. I am wondering if the green ones come with a chest harness? And that is what is missing?

The only thing we know for sure is no one at Sig knows :) I talked to them yesterday and the optics CS person I got said the only difference was that the black version didn't come with a carrying case. Of course a few days ago they told me they didn't come with any accessories at all :)

I'll take a chance on one, for under $770 shipped seems hard to go wrong. Only wish Brownells had a competitive price on them, cause I do love their Forever Guarantee.

Mine seem right in the middle of the circle.
Arrived fast and for $790 out the door.
If anyone finds lens covers please PM me.

Just got mine the other week. Came with case and straps.

And not trying to add fuel to the fire or take part in any arguments here, but the diopters on mine are really tight. You have to grab um with 2 fingers and really summon your inner Alpha or "Kyle" and crank on them to twist it.

//my $.02

Where / what price is everyone getting these from? Looking at picking some up but a little iffy about some of the smaller retailers.

If you want to avoid the smaller retailers, I believe Sportsmans Warehouse has them for $850. Could also see what Cabelas/Bass/OP etc. will price match for.

Don't mind the smaller retailers. Just wanted to see which ones members have had good experiences with.

Received mine a few weeks ago.

Diopter is super tight. Laser is dead on. Comes with bag and straps. Glass isn't Swaros, but still very clear.

Received mine from Patriot Firearms USA (excellent reviews, brick and mortar, and well liked in reddit gun accessories) for under $760 shipped.

Diopter is super tight. Laser is dead on. Comes with bag and straps. Glass isn't Swaros, but still very clear.

Just got mine last night and can say the same. I was able to range off my deck off of grass at just over 2100. I was able to get 2500 off a house.

Reactions: NiteQwill
My guess is the vast majority of these little shops are using the same supplier warehouses and it's drop shipping from there. Whenever something like this comes up, the same dozen or two little shops get them, similar prices / product descriptions, and they all seem to have stock or run out of stock at the same time and in most cases the items don't ship from where the store is.

natchez has em 809.99 just bought one.

natchez has em 809.99 just bought one.
I wouldn't support Natchezss with a turd. They are just as bad as CTD. Plus, you could have saved a little bit more money if you read this thread.

I wouldn't support Natchezss with a turd. They are just as bad as CTD. Plus, you could have saved a little bit more money if you read this thread.
Ive been buying from natchez for over 20 years never had a problem as far as saving some money there were some vague posts about better buys but no links. looked around and did not see a better deal guns2ammo wanted the same price and sportsmans according to upthread was 849 midway was back to 899 so......

Ive been buying from natchez for over 20 years never had a problem as far as saving some money there were some vague posts about better buys but no links. looked around and did not see a better deal guns2ammo wanted the same price and sportsmans according to upthread was 849 midway was back to 899 so......
One of the first links were to sites that had the LRF for $760-ish. Many people sent money that direction.

As for Natchezss, they're notorious for price gouging and lousy business practices during elections, shootings, etc.

One of the first links were to sites that had the LRF for $760-ish. Many people sent money that direction.

As for Natchezss, they're notorious for price gouging and lousy business practices during elections, shootings, etc.
If you are talking about optics agent i've never heard of them and they are currently 839.00 at that site for the 50 bucks diff at the time I felt safer with natchez like I said been buying there since 95 and I always price compare and never noticed any gouging 🤷‍♂️

If you are talking about optics agent i've never heard of them and they are currently 839.00 at that site for the 50 bucks diff at the time I felt safer with natchez like I said been buying there since 95 and I always price compare and never noticed any gouging 🤷‍♂️

I was the one that posted, asking about optics agent. I a good experience with them for a pretty good deal on these

Received mine from Patriot Firearms USA (excellent reviews, brick and mortar, and well liked in reddit gun accessories) for under $760 shipped.
Any trick for getting that price? Shows $792 for me...

Took mine out this morning at dawn and got 2757 yards off a grass hillside. I have to say I'm impressed with the product, especially for the price. If I can get 2k+ during daylight, it will work for 99% of my shooting, and for that 1% I can always lase back from the target to a sunshade or something else big/reflective at the shooting location.

Last edited:
Basically the best way I've found to start searching is using the search feature of gun.deal site. The real trick I've found is to use the MPN #, so for example for the black edition kilo's it's SOK31004. I suspect many of these smaller vendors are just using info from their supplier warehouses. As a result their item descriptions can be really bad so many won't show up in a "normal" search unless you use the MPN.

That will get you: https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/sok31004

Which will bring up a host of prices under $800, the cheapest I see right now is $752. Out the door pricing will depend on how much they charge for shipping etc. This won't always give you the best price, especially with the black friday/silly season sales, but many times it gets you really close with minimal effort. I figure if I have to spend 3 hours looking around for the best price, there's a cost there too.

All that said, if I can get close using a trusted retailer I like to go that way.

Just grabbed one from Dack Outdoors, shipped with insurance for <800 bucks. The place selling for 752 is charging sales tax FYI.

Well first post here, I will say this about this set. I own and sell this set. Sig will tell you it comes with nothing. We can confirm it comes with what the OD set comes with. Range finder is extremely nice and to have a 10x range finder is awesome if you only use them for that. Does not have the clarity of Swarovski, but that is nobody’s claim. They are dang good though. There are plenty of reviews that show these ranging at 3700+ yards. Is it a perfect range? No idea, but you can’t hunt that far. Within 1000 yards, these will perform with any out there but you won’t be fumbling for multiple pairs of optics to see and judge the game at that distance.

Last edited:
Well first post here, I will say this about this set. I own and sell this set. Sig will tell you it comes with nothing. We can confirm it comes with what the OD set comes with. Range finder is extremely nice and to have a 10x range finder is awesome if you only use them for that. Does not have the clarity of Swarovski, but that is nobody’s claim. They are dang good though. There are plenty of reviews that show these ranging at 3700+ yards. Is it a perfect range? No idea, but you can’t hunt that far. Within 1000 yards, these will perform with any out there but you won’t be fumbling for multiple pairs of optics to see and judge the game at that distance.

I just got my sigs, MANY thanks to @Palmetto-Pride.

First up, I can also confirm they come with everything. I'm pleasantly surprised with the glass quality. I'm certainly no bino expert, and my rifle scope experience is limited to a razor gen2, and S&B pm2. The bino's certainly do not have the quality of my rifle scope glass, but for my uses (ranging up to 2km) they are certainly suitable for the job.

My laser seems pretty much aligned with the centre of the reticle, though its harder to judge as I had excitement shakes. I'll verify from a tripod at some stage.

The battery compartment cover is a bit fiddly to get on without cross threading, small thing. The BDX app is simple and easy to use, but now i'm going to need a Kestrel as I want to go further.

I only ranged 1708m as a test on a distant tree. It was supremely accurate from my testing. I took a few steps (guessing a meter each test) and it ranged accordingly.

Next up I'm going to want caps, tripod mount and a Kestrel. Anyone know of any good deals going on these?

Bought caps on Amazon. 21.00 these are much better than the factory ones (as that is my really only complaint about these binos).

First up, I can also confirm they come with everything. I'm pleasantly surprised with the glass quality. I'm certainly no bino expert, and my rifle scope experience is limited to a razor gen2, and S&B pm2. The bino's certainly do not have the quality of my rifle scope glass, but for my uses (ranging up to 2km) they are certainly suitable for the job.

My laser seems pretty much aligned with the centre of the reticle, though its harder to judge as I had excitement shakes. I'll verify from a tripod at some stage.

The battery compartment cover is a bit fiddly to get on without cross threading, small thing. The BDX app is simple and easy to use, but now i'm going to need a Kestrel as I want to go further.

I only ranged 1708m as a test on a distant tree. It was supremely accurate from my testing. I took a few steps (guessing a meter each test) and it ranged accordingly.

Next up I'm going to want caps, tripod mount and a Kestrel. Anyone know of any good deals going on these?
Outdoorsman Mount is what you want.

The Sig 3000's are an excellent value - especially when you can find them for +/- $800 right now.

As far as all the diopter silliness goes, I've been using the Leica Geovid HD-B for several years hunting, at the range, and just general usage. They are constantly in and out of a chest harness. Guess what, diopters don't lock.......and it's not a big deal.

I was recently messing around with the 3000's; yeah the HD-B's are better if you're into making apples and oranges comparisons (and the HD-B's are 3x the price), but the Sigs are good, and the diopters would not be a problem at all unless you are a retard.

I agree. The glass seems very good so far. People are always shitting on the glass...usually it seems in comparison with Leica’s. Well, I’ll take this glass and super fast and accurate ranging capabilities along with superior pairing to Kestrel (supposedly) all day.

Sounds like these Chinese made Sig3000's have a huge sample variation problem to me. Numerous reports of loose diopters, out of alignment on reticle (including my sample which had both of these). Also, I don't see how anyone can claim that "glass is great". It's the same as the Nikon Laserforce and Vortex Fury, all of which I would classify as "decent, or adequate" like a Viper HD, and no better than that. There's going to have to be lots of improvement before I own another pair personally.

Reactions: PFG