• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG KILO3000 BDX crashes during firmware update

Cameron Wilson

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

Have any of you experienced an issue with the SIG BDX smartphone app telling you that you need to update the firmware on your SIG KILO3000 BDX binocular, only for said firmware update to crash at 1%?

I've tried to perform the update from numerous iOS/Android smartphones & tablets, and none of them work. In fact, some of them won't recognise the KILO at all.

I sent an email to SIG, detailing the various software/firmware builds, and I haven't received a reply. I had hoped that SIG might have gotten back to me with some suggestions to try – but instead they appear to have added me to their email marketing list. So now I get regular emails trying to sell me other SIG products, which I'm not convinced will work as advertised either.

I'm seriously unimpressed with SIG's product, and the lack of support from SIG. I can't in good conscience recommend SIG to anyone who asks me about their products. I'm about ready to return the KILO binocular, and demand a refund.

Vortex wouldn't have left me hanging like this...

IMG_0341.PNGIMG_0342.PNGIMG_0343.PNG

We may have an idea, call 800-784-4221 and ask for Nick D. in support
Thanks again for your help Nick.

I tried the Android phone again, after our conversation - but unfortunately it didn’t work either.

That brings the total to:
2x Apple iPads
1x Apple iPhone
1x Android tablet
1x Android phone

The common problem, seems to be the KILO binocular.

I’ve contacted SIG again, but I’m not holding my breath.

No one answers the phone 603-610-3000?

Im affraid to check my firmware.
Unfortunately not happy about it loosing connection to my Krestral either

I got a Kilo2400BDX delivered today, and tried updating the firmware on it using my iPhone Xs Plus. It stopped at 5% initially. Updated the iOS on the phone, rebooted it a few times and managed to get to 17% and it stopped...again. I'll be trying to contact Sig over the phone when customer service opens up again next week.

I got a Kilo2400BDX delivered today, and tried updating the firmware on it using my iPhone Xs Plus. It stopped at 5% initially. Updated the iOS on the phone, rebooted it a few times and managed to get to 17% and it stopped...again. I'll be trying to contact Sig over the phone when customer service opens up again next week.
Contacted Sig, it's getting sent back for replacement.

Sig confirmed that my Kilo2400BDX wouldn't update, so they "flashed it" with the latest firmware...hope it doesn't fail to update when the next version comes out. :rolleyes:

Wonder how they did it, used an android device?

Ok, so an update of sorts - the UK distributor had problems getting hold of SIG, but eventually SIG told them that there was a known issue with a number of binoculars that had shipped and that at some point in the future SIG would release a software patch to fix it (forgive me if I'm sceptical - SIG haven't exactly been the model of efficiency so far). The UK distributor doesn't have any replacement units on hand, so they're having to phone round their customers who have bought units recently in the hope they can 'buy back' box fresh stock to give to me. 10/10 for the distributor's efforts, SIG not so much!

I should have bought Vortex!

Kilo 2200 3rd time a mandatory update ruined my hopes for some long range steel action. Each occurrence SIG 2-day FedExs me a new one kilo. Works for a years, then dies during an update. As a person familiar with this unsettling too frequent occurance I stopped performing any updates. This Mandatory update however is unique. You cannot proceed to pair your components otherwise. A mandatory hard stop update. I thought uhoh not agin!!!! Pathetic. I truly love BDX. I've shoot video footage from a drone I fly 7-800 yds out to my target and using an AR10 blast the living daylights out of a AR500 upper torso 3/8" steel target. I've got the Sierra scopes installed on 3 hunting rifles but realistically I've never shot an animal farther than I'm willing to pack it out. 150yds which you don't need more than 4x. BDX makes those thriller shots addictive. I love watching people's faces squinting over at me, when I'm ringing the 763yd gong like a streetcar bell. It's cheating, I know but it did take me about 2 years to figure out how the parameters! ABU and the flashing BT indicator on the scope to the Kilo's "bond?" prompt meant " oh now they are BDXing" there's no place in the APP to manually actuate that feature via phone so it's gotta be done locally with the kilo #2 button. What a pain in the ass this really is. really. Then to learn you're using a digital focal plane? That the $800 32x special I had to have. This before I realized that " there are first, second and now a digital focal plane. "Dude what do you mean? A $300 dollar Sierra 2.5x8x32 returns the same firing solution as a 32x, it's just the dang target looks smaller. Kick me if the shot don't hit the same spot. Spend money not on optic, but on dang Rangefinder not optic.
local program mode. Why don't they make a dang flow chart. Hell reloading 9x19 is more easily learned than figuring BDX intricacies.

set up mpde.