• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig MPX K?

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
Ok guys I was in a local gun store and the owner had his personal MPX K locked and loaded behind the counter. He pulled it out, cleared it and handed it over. Here take a look at this he said. I fell in love with this little pcc. I innitialy was looking at the cz scorpion. But this is a nice rig.

Here is the question. Is it worth the 2k+ pricetag? It's not something I "need" it's just a expensive 5lb pistol with a brace. I'm just trying to justify it. I dont see myself using it much other than maybe playing around with. I have 9mm pistols to shoot. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Thanks guys!
Deano

My cousin has an mpx and I have a scorpion, I think the mpx is better than the scorpion, double the price better, I am not so sure, but PCC's are really fun to mess around with and think that they have a place in anybodies collection. I will eventually sell the scorpion and get into something a little nicer, there are alot of good pcc options these days

Reactions: xdeano
I think they are awesome.i bought mine for home defense and of course fun. Throw on a carbon handguard and a suppressor and you have the ultimate home defense weapon. PPC's give you much better control and accuracy under stress. Easier to put on lights and lasers too. Unfortunately it's a lot of $$$ to left out exposed to a thief so concealment is rather important.

I have shot several and seen quite a few in action. The good is, they are probably the best running PCC on the market, including semiauto MP5s, IMO. The bad is, I have seen more issues with these guns than any other comparably priced PCC. Accuracy issues, feeding issues, other undiagnosed shitdickery. I have heard that the guns begin to see issues after 2k rounds, but its only hearsay. If you do buy one make sure and get the newest generation of MPX and not one of the older gens (theres like 3.5 generations of these guns, mags also changed slightly along the way I believe). For the record I run a B&T APC9, but do own a Sig Virtus that is pretty awesome. Just my experiences, good luck.

Reactions: ryllt and xdeano
The Sig MPX K (4” barrel) and 8” version (no longer available) are the ones I’d recommend. The PCC version (16” barrel) is pointless unless you’re getting one to compete. Other than that, the extra length is stupid for 9mm.

I have the Gen 2 8” version. Bought it for $1200 years ago, HOWEVER I put way more into it. Good news is, the newer versions have much better triggers. I had to swap mine out for a Geissele because the factory trigger was HORRIBLE. You’ll probably want to swap out the charging handle with a Raptor MPX specific charging handle. I don’t think Sig fixed the handle rubbing up against the back of the receiver. Radian fixed that with their charging handle. Other than that, you should be good to go for ”essential” upgrades. Everything else is just preference (ie. red dot, stock, fore grip, fire selector, 3 lug adapter, suppressor).

Love my MPX. Top sub guns I’d recommend are MPX/K, SP5/K, APC9 PRO, and honorable mention HK USC conversion to UMP (if you are a die hard HK fan 😉).

Last edited:
Reactions: xdeano and mrtoyz
Thanks everyone! I just need to find one in stock at a decent price. I see them all over gunbroker for 2k.

It was either a Sig mpx k or a cz scorpion micro k.

Everyone I've talked to have said the sig is more accurate, more solidly built pcc. The cz you eat less fumes and oil.

I'll have to keep my eyes out for a good deal.

Thanks again!
Deano

Buy it. I have a CZ K and the MPX K, the Sig is hands down the better weapon. I also have the 8" MPX-again get the K. I had a 3 lug on it and it diminished the accuracy, put the birdcage back on it and after sighting in the Romeo 5 I had 3 shots touching at 40 yards. You won't regret it.

Not trying to steal the thread, but any MPX K guys here had a chance to compare with B&T GHM9 compact, or APC9k pro? Those are the 3 on my current list.