• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig MSR 1-10

Gohring65

Cheap bastard
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Anyone get a chance to look thru one at SHOT?
    I got a buddy needing a optic for a 16” AR 10.
    He’s looking at that one and the Swampfox 1-10.

I haven't looked through a 1-10. But we have a few of the MSR 1-6 and 1-8 scopes in the shop. They look good and nice glass for the money. I'm considering one for a beater 6.8 hog rifle.

Reactions: Gohring65
    Sig did not attend SHOT this time round. We have checked these Sig Sauer TANGO MSR 1-10X28 – 34mm – SFP - Illuminated BDC 10 - Black #SOTM11000 out, have sold a bunch since they arrived in last week and at $499.99 I think they are a great scope for sure
    I was enlightening to them from your email. I just assumed it was a SHOT release. They check all the boxes and I’m going to have to try one myself soon.
    I told my buddy you’re the man when it come to fast shipping and best prices.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
    Anyone know country of origin? Chinese optics or elsewhere?

It makes me die inside that Sig is wasting their time on cheap Chinese optics rather than bring out the much needed upgrades to the (aging, but quite good) Tango6 and Whiskey5 lines. I know why they're doing it, I'm sure cheap optics outsell the premium stuff at like 20:1, but bragging about their military sales while they release stuff like this is just... ugh.

It makes me die inside that Sig is wasting their time on cheap Chinese optics rather than bring out the much needed upgrades to the (aging, but quite good) Tango6 and Whiskey5 lines. I know why they're doing it, I'm sure cheap optics outsell the premium stuff at like 20:1, but bragging about their military sales while they release stuff like this is just... ugh.
    I think that inflation, supply chain issues and ammo and reloading prices is causing people to settle for cheaper stuff.
    Guys putting 4$ gallon gas in their cars and 6$ pound hamburger are trying to stay in their hobby.
    I just seen the average price of powder is 60-80$ per pound now. Damn!

Reactions: GhostFace
    I think that inflation, supply chain issues and ammo and reloading prices is causing people to settle for cheaper stuff.
    Guys putting 4$ gallon gas in their cars and 6$ pound hamburger are trying to stay in their hobby.
    There's always a market for high-end optics. Especially good ones.

You think the important takeaway of the supply chain issues is for people to hang onto their Chinese goods? Interesting. I suppose critical thinking may be about dead then. I somehow came to a totally different conclusion.

You think the important takeaway of the supply chain issues is for people to hang onto their Chinese goods? Interesting. I suppose critical thinking may be about dead then. I somehow came to a totally different conclusion.
    No it’s about affordability. That’s all.
    Bottom dollar price for a cheap optic.
    This thread is about anyone who tried one of these optics. I’m not interested in how anyone feels about China. There’s 10 other threads on the subject.
    Have you tried one of these optics, do you want to? If not, I’m not interested in your input, or how you feel on China, and how’s it’s a probably a hypocritical stance. It’s about the sig 1-10 experience.

Last edited:
    Bullshit

None of that powder is worth even that price to me.
    Factoring in hazmat and tax puts it up there where h1000, retumbo etc is here locally. It’s not what the site wants per pound, it’s about how much of my money is it going to take to get it to my doorstep.

Last edited:
    Still no one has tried this scope? I can't even find specs on it that include things like eye relief. Very strange

Still no one has tried this scope? I can't even find specs on it that include things like eye relief. Very strange
    I haven’t found much. The first info I found was for a mil/mil version but I have yet to see one on the market. Sig could use a better marketing team.

If this thread is still valid. I own one of these and buying another as soon as I can. Eye box is tight at 10x but there is no other turn key optic that can compare at this price point. Retical is clean and easy to use. Turrets are crisp. Snobs won't approve, but poors are gonna feel rich.
    Remember the “As seen on TV!” stickers? Chinese optics should come with one of those on it.

That said I’m not looking down my nose at a sea of working chinese 1-10s…I’m looking down my credit card edge when I have to swipe for yet another $50 shipping fee to send a chinese made scope back to the mfr for their “fantastic warranty”.

Every time your scope breaks it gets $50-400 MORE expensive in cost..

I have to a) figure out it’s the scope. Sometimes with 4 boxes of ammo, b) drive to some place to ship it, c) deal with the shipping counter and buying a box and and and, d) drive home, e) get scope back and mount it, f) drive to the range in order to g) finally waste another box of ammo zeroing it.

This is how you end up with a Chinese scope that cost what a Japanese scope did AND you now have empirical proof this scope make and model is a piece of shit. And it’s back on your gun.

Reactions: MK20

I have tried the 2nd focal plane, and was pretty impressed. If you took the label off, I would have assumed it was a Tango 5 or such. This is quite a value and performs well. There is some chromatic distortion around light colored targets, which is expected. The reticle is super friendly. I have not tried the FFP, just got that in the shop. I tend to be very critical of optics, especially value plays, but I found that it was at least as good as a Strike Eagle.