• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG or Schmeisser?

Re: SIG or Schmeisser?

Interesting...the last time I heard Schmeisser it was in relation to an MP40...didn't know they were still around.

I have no experience with either as far as ARs go, although I have a number of US Sig pistols, but on twist rate alone I'd say go with the Sig. The Schmeisser's 1/9 is not going to handle heavier match bullets nearly as well as the Sig's 1/7. Surprising to see even the Schmeisser "Ultramatch" is a 1/9, you have to step up the the "Ultramatch STS to get a 1/8.

Just noticed the Sig appears to be piston while the Schmeisser appears to be DI. I'm not a fan of Piston ARs (you'll find plenty who disagree with me on that point) but the 1/9 twist on the Schmeisser eliminates it from consideration for me.

That Schmeisser looks really, really, really similar to an HK 416.

Cant speak for the other,

Nor the 516 precision (as I've yet to see one, or hear someone has)

However the regular 1st gen 516 is easily 1 moa. I've gotten better, But is pretty much the average

Reliability..I've yet to have any malfunction with almost 2500 rounds of about anything I fed into it

I was a bit hesitant being an early adopter to it, but I can't say a single thing wrong about it, except may be it bit muzzle heavy because of the quad rail