• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig P226 .22 Upper for training?

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
I have a P226 that I was thinking of getting the .22cal upper conversion kit so I can practice and save money. I have a Ruger MKII that is supper accurate and a fun plinker. That being said, do you think it is a waste to get a .22 upper for my P226 or would it be beneficial? Do you do a lot of pactice with .22 conversion on your primary carry/match guns?

Re: Sig P226 .22 Upper for training?

for the price of the conversion kit i'd just buy a case of 9mm.

I have an Advantage Arms kit for my Glock 17 and like it alot. I shoot it all the time. You can shoot 550 rounds for less than a box of 9mm. Also fun with a can. Only thing I don't like are the 10 round mags.

I would get it. Fun and cheap to shoot and it will probaly make you practice more.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hawk45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a P226 that I was thinking of getting the .22cal upper conversion kit so I can practice and save money. I have a Ruger MKII that is supper accurate and a fun plinker. That being said, do you think it is a waste to get a .22 upper for my P226 or would it be beneficial? Do you do a lot of pactice with .22 conversion on your primary carry/match guns? </div></div>

I have it and would recommend it. Mine functions great with CCI ammo. There is a guy who makes different follower and spring for the mags so you can get 15 rounds instead of the usual 10 and the slide will lock open when the mag is emptied. His company is <span style="color: #3333FF">Sigpower.com</span>