• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Sig P229 (pics)

Sgt. 0811

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 22, 2005
Aurora, CO
Well, I picked this bad boy up yesterday, can't take my eyes off it. Unfortunatly I have to wait for 2 whole days to shoot it. my only gripe, this thing only came with one magazine... that seems a bit stingy to me.
Sig P229 .40

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Re: Sig P229 (pics)

I own pistols several times the price of the Sig, but it's the P229 that I carry as a duty weapon. Everything you want, and nothing you don't.

Did some shooting over the weekend.. I have to say this thing is incredibly accurate, and the most comfortable .40 I've ever shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did some shooting over the weekend.. I have to say this thing is incredibly accurate, and the most comfortable .40 I've ever shot. </div></div>

Mine was too.

Tames the 40 nicely.

Nice 229, you should have gotten 2 mags with it. I would email Sig with the serial # and see what they say. Last time I emailed them with a question they answered it pretty quickly.

Since th early part on 2009, Sig Sauer announced they would no longer be providing 2 magazines with there handguns.

Once in a while, you can obtain a Factory Refurbished with 2 mags if they received it that way. Also, you can sometimes find Dept. trade-ins with 2.

I guess I should consider myself lucky. I bought one refurbed earlier this year. It came with three and crimson trace grips.

727066309_i2vr4-M.jpg

I bought it for the wife and unfortunately, it doesn't fit her hands. I'm trying to find a way to keep it for me and still get her something else.
blush.gif

MecGar makes Sig's mags for everything. Including their X-5's. You might try their mags as well. Usually they are much cheaper than the factory sig mags.

Great pistol BTW!

Carry a 229 .40 every day love that gun. Don't forget you can switch the barrel out for .357 for about $150. And use the same mags.

Top Gun Supply (Link) carries Sig mags and Mec-Gar mags. Reasonable prices and excellent service. I was really happy with what I received. I ordered 4 of their used 226 mags, saved about $17/mag and couldn't even tell they were used!

Why are they no longer being sold with 2 magazines? It's not like they are cheap pistols. Seems like a screw move.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Carry a 229 .40 every day love that gun. Don't forget you can switch the barrel out for .357 for about $150. And use the same mags. </div></div>

The same can be said for a 9mm bbl. Picked up a 9mm drop-in from Bar-Sto and it fit perfectly in my 229. The 40 mags worked fine as well.

That's a beauty man. I've always loved Sigs; i came close to getting a 229 stainless elite for carry... until i found out it's a gorgeous... brick :D, weight i mean

+1 on the one magazine policy now from Sig. Can't believe it given the cost of their guns. Still, I suspect they don't make all that much on them and the money is in the add-ons; kind of like video games.

Anyway, enjoy your new piece.