• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Jackomason

Poop-smith aka "Turd Herder"
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Westcliffe Colorado
I've had this P320 X Compact for less than a month now. I know that Sig is known for stealth releasing new generations without ever calling them the new generation. I'm fine with that strategy as long as I can figure out what I'm looking at!

Looks like they listened to the customer base on this one. They've now got the rear sight attached to the slide rather than the optics plate, and they've removed the loaded chamber indicator.

What do you guys know about the hole pattern for red dots? It looks like the extra holes might help with mounting an RMR? Maybe just need a filler plate?

20220723_073713.jpg

That is set up for RMR, Deltapoint, Sig.

I used a CPHWS plate on mine and despite bad reviews works great with RMR.

There is a machinist in Utah IIRC making much nicer ones.

Delta and Sig bolt right on.

Reactions: SniperBro
I bought a new slide with the 6moa Romeo 1 Pro. Ended up selling the slide and using a plain slide and having it cut for the Holosun and Trijicon. For dot size, the 6 moa was big and fast, but not small enough for distance shooting for me. The Romeo 1 reputation is that it is not nearly as tough as Trijicon or Holosun.

I hate buying Chinese anything, but made an exception for the Holosun. I like that the battery is removable without re-zeroing the pistol, and I prefer green better over red dots.

I bought a new slide with the 6moa Romeo 1 Pro. Ended up selling the slide and using a plain slide and having it cut for the Holosun and Trijicon. For dot size, the 6 moa was big and fast, but not small enough for distance shooting for me. The Romeo 1 reputation is that it is not nearly as tough as Trijicon or Holosun.

I hate buying Chinese anything, but made an exception for the Holosun. I like that the battery is removable without re-zeroing the pistol, and I prefer green better over red dots.
It seems like a few of the sig optics are rebranded holosuns but I think your right that the pistol optics are not.

I wrestled with the morality of buying holosun and caved on a 515GM, since then I've had a few arguments on here and admittedly lost. Where I'm at now, I'd rather but a trijicon. The thought that holosun isn't just a Chinese optic but actually owned by the Chinese government and the optic of the Chinese military negates the cost savings for me.

That's just one man's opinion but we make moral decisions everyday and I can't hold it against someone else.

Im going to go for an RMR, they don't cost that much more and seem sturdy. I looked at a 2 MOA dot and a 6 MOA dot in a store(non-RMR). Couldn't see a huge difference but hadn't considered a 40+ yard shot at the time. Maybe the 3.25 is the way to go.

Im going to go for an RMR, they don't cost that much more and seem sturdy. I looked at a 2 MOA dot and a 6 MOA dot in a store(non-RMR). Couldn't see a huge difference but hadn't considered a 40+ yard shot at the time. Maybe the 3.25 is the way to go.

You want nothing smaller than a 5 MOA dot. A 40 yard shot on a USPSA A zone using a 6.5 MOA RMR is not a problem as long as you have a good zero. Center the dot on the area of the target you want to hit. Bullet hole will be there IF you know how to shoot.

A 6.5 MOA dot will span 2.6" at 40 yards. Errors induced by a shitty grip or trigger press are measured in feet at that distance.

Skill > gear