• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig P365xl Rail Adaptors? Experience Anyone?

Gustav7

Son of a Gun...
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 18, 2019
    Ohio (OH)
    I think the two companies who make them are Recover Tactical and Tactical Development. They make the rail adaptors so you can fit any of the various legit weapon lights instead of the TLR-6.

One thing I have noticed is none of the more popular holster makers I've used before have a holster for them, and ANR Design specifically says they won't make one for rail adapters.

That got me thinking that maybe they're not that great and wouldn't hold up to serious use. Any one have any experience or been running one for a while? I want to run a TLR7a on my 365xl, but would need the adapter to do it. McKinatec holsters makes holsters for the sig with rail adapter and various lights.

I don't think they are bad, just not has accepted as much as they should.

TD has a list of a few holster makers with links on their site that sell them.

I have the one for the Glock 48/43/43x. It's solid, but the only light that fits is the O-Light mini one. Not an O-Light fan, so it just sits

Ok thats good to know, just wasn't sure. I think I'm prolly gonna go that route, mainly so I can put a better light on.

Any reason you don't like O-Light?

I prefer external batteries over rechargable. Not sure how long the internal batteries will last. I also want to be able to change out on the fly if I need a fresh set and don't always have to time to recharge.

I prefer external batteries over rechargable. Not sure how long the internal batteries will last. I also want to be able to change out on the fly if I need a fresh set and don't always have to time to recharge.

I highly recommend checking out their new Olight PL-2... its not rechargeable and uses two CR-123 batts. I realize that doesn't help you for your 43/48 problem, but I bought one of the PL-2's for my Lever gun and its pretty nice.

Is the Rail Adapter for the Glock 43/48 just not big enough to fit a different light like a TLR7? Guess theres always the TLR6 but its sort of lack luster with the weird side push button and only 100 lumens.

Is the Rail Adapter for the Glock 43/48 just not big enough to fit a different light like a TLR7? Guess theres always the TLR6 but its sort of lack luster with the weird side push button and only 100 lumens.

Correct. It's not long enough to give you a rail slot to lock the light key in.

Reactions: Gustav7