• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sig Sauer 2400 GO!!!

Wow, That Rocks, That Tripod is not available over here, I got the Leupy GR Spotter and I have the Bushnell version of the Leupy with a Mildot Ret but I am thinking about adding one of them Bushnell15-46x60s to my kit as well, I have some great Tripods but not one that I can mount it all on like that..

Thanks for posting it.

John.

They will ship outside of US on a case by case basis. Only problem is the 40% surcharge on foreign orders.

That's a shame about the 40% because when it gets here even though I would have to pay for shipping from the Factory/Dealer, When it got here they would add cost of UK postage to the cost of the item and the US Shipping add it all up and then charge me 20% VAT, ( Value Added Tax ) So it just prices it out of the market,

The Tax threshold on imported items starts at £20.00 which at the current exchange rate works out to be $25.60 USD, So a Vectronix will never have a home at my place, I paid $702.72 USD for my ConX, and that was a good deal, they normally charge $805.12 USD.

So Night force are off my Radar, Lol.

John.

Man now that I'm off the floor I'm pissed for. And to think we told King George to pound sand over a 3% tea tax!!!!

time to take Brexit to the next level.

Well 2 years ago I bought a 20 year old Coil for a metal detector and I won the bid on ebay and it came to 60 bucks, by time I had finished paying all the BS it ended up costing me around $209.00 USD.

Over here you pay to live Not for the quality of life, it is ridiculous,

John.

How about we steer this conversation back to the 2400. What is the furthest, first round hit anyone has had with this system?

I can't even find a 2400 over here they have the 1200 or the 1500 and lesser models but getting a 2400 is nigh on impossible in order to test one

Ian, just one thing to note I have found that many of these Apps change the maximum subsonic range depending on the Bullet being used which tells me that they are governed by the BC or the Drop not by the Distance.

John.

Last edited:
How about we steer this conversation back to the 2400. What is the furthest, first round hit anyone has had with this system?

Just got mine in the mail. Stepped outside my house and pointed it at the hills nearby, off hand. Got 1600 yards off the trees. Clear and bright sunny day.

Looking forward to playing with this.

Thanks to Chris at Interstate Arms.

Last edited:
I took the 2400 to a Jim See PRS style class this weekend class in Cody, Wyoming. The Kilo is worth its wait in gold!!! It gave me a lot of solutions where I would have to round up or down to the nearest 1/4 MOA click and it kicked some serious ass. It shined like the rock star it is, no if's and or butts. I couldn't be happier that I ditched the G7-BR2. Lightening fast ranges, accurate solutions, even hand held where the Terrapin ranging would give same ranges to a foot or two. The 2400 would give a solution and smack, HIT. From 300-1140, hits were easy.

I ranged cow elk at 1306 yards easily yesterday. Very impressed with Sig 2400 so far. There was a large bull standing behind the herd of cows. I'm guessing he was somewhere between 1600 and 2000 yards. I couldn't get a reading on him.

The 2400 came through for me again. Using my 21" Blaser 300 win 190 SMK. My paper dope said 3.3 mils to 575 yards. The SIG gave me 3.12. I dialed 3.1 and held into the corrected wind .2 mils. Standing next to the bull, red dot is from where I took the shot, 571 yards, 11 degree angle, 15 mph wind gusts 10'oclock with significant updraft from the drainage. He was in the heavy shade afternoon bed, one shot behind RF shoulder both lungs, top of the heart, broke the offside elbow. At impact he jerked his head upward, bounced his chin off the ground and rolled backwards DRT. Great little hunting tool, the 2400 has given quick, consistent solutions on the fly w/o messing my Kestrel wind meter from 500-1200 yards.

Attachments

• photo74697.jpg
    photo74697.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 26
  • photo74700.jpg
    photo74700.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 26
  • photo74893.jpg
    photo74893.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: jwramp
I was out shooting at the range yesterday. I got off the bench and was shooting off my tri-pod at the 500/600 yard targets. The blast from my muzzle break with the 338 lapua round blew the 2400 off the shooting bench onto the concrete. My first thought was great, its broken. I picked it up and ranged out to known target and it worked fast and perfectly as it always does. Impressed to say the least. Takes a licking and keeps on ticking!!!

Used mine at the Steel Safari Team Challenge this weekend. I mounted an Arca Plate to the bottom of the mount proved with the 2400 and used it on top of a tripod with an RRS leveling base. It was a thing of beauty. Most targets were, small, painted black and in deep brush or rough terrain- the farthest out to about 700yds.
The Sig was fast and accurate. I would've preferred the field of view and slightly more magnification of an 8 power binocular but this system worked well.

I had my 2400 out hunting again today and it was snowing. It was fluctuating between light and medium down pour. Visibility was 1/4 mile at best. I was getting readings between 500-618 yards at the furthest. Anything further it would read 30-40 yards. My guess was that it would pick up snow and getting confused. I have used a PLRF-15c before and have seen it do the same. It would flash and give a near and far reading if it could produce one at all, more like a near reading. I'm once again impressed with the 2400, snowy environments are by far the hardest environment for a range finder to work properly.

I had a 15 and just set the gate for nearest reading @ 300 yds. That way I never got the snow/conditions/brush readings under 300 and actually could range out to 1500-1600 in significant snow on elk.

The 2400, as good as it does not overly impress me in the snow (albeit better than my Swaro EL Range).

I set the 2400 on “last” instead of “best” and therefore either get the correct longer reading or nothing at all - ie; no snow readings @ 30-40 yards.

Has anyone figured out if you can use Weatherflow's Bluetooth wind meter instead of the phone jack model that comes with the K2400? I'm considering buying a K2400 but my iPhone doesn't have a phone jack and I already own the Bluetooth Weatherflow that I use with several ballistic apps. I can't imagine that one Weatherflow meter would work and the other would not. Especially as wired headphones are being phased out, in favor of Bluetooth, and new phones not being made with phone jacks.

I currently use a K2000 with my apps and the Weatherflow and it's a great system but I'd like to have the solver in the RF.

The one thing that bums me out about the design of the 2400 is that the wind meter doesn't attach directly to the unit. Wouldn't it have been smarter to include a jack in the unit so that, while hunting, you could go without the phone if you needed to or wanted to? I wonder if that feature will be in the next iteration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For most hunting situations I don’t have time to actually measure the wind. If I do, (rarely) I just use the the base model Kestrel in conjunction with the 2400. In most cases I evaluate the wind the best I can, leave my 2400 @ 10 mph 9 o’clock and determine the value I need to hold off and send it. This year my shots have run from under 10 to 571 yards. The 571 was a bit challenging with competing wind directions, gusts, terrain etc but I did not have time to pull the meter. I shot the Bull in his bed, but he was getting antsy and it looked as if he was going to get up and move. One and done.

I practice a lot in the environs in which I hunt and try to see the wind “in color” And make adjustments accordingly. The Kestrel or any wind meter helps as a training aid off season. I guess the wind at my location relative to the intended target and then put up the meter to see how close I was in my estimation. Not unlike when I was a young cop running radar / lasers for traffic speed. I would always estimate the vehicle speed visually and then hit it with the laser. After a few years I could estimate within a few mph. Wind is an art and where I live/hunt/shoot, a difficult one. Practice, practice, practice. I wouldn’t let the wind meter issue keep me away from the 2400 if I were you. The quick field solutions have really paid off for me.

I use the 2400 abs everyday in my classes it works well until exstream angles then it always is about 1 moa high past 1000 yards, and 17 degrees or more, I have had simular problems with the Br2 on my hunts a few months ago. I look forward to one of them getting better.