• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer 50 BMG

ehess60

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2009
I hope I haven't made a mistake. I pulled the trigger and bought a Sig 50 . Never fired with a very nice case.

I will update pics after I get my scope mounted.

Attachments

• PHONE PICS 2011.jpg
    PHONE PICS 2011.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 129
  • PHONE PICS 2010.jpg
    PHONE PICS 2010.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 203
I didn't get my scope today. Damn it. But I got some ammo. I'm not sure i am ready for this . These things look like my 30-06 on steroids. Holy Shit. Will this kick like a mule and bite like a dog. It's going to blow me off the bench. WTF was I thinking. Anyone have experience shooting one of these? I think I feel a tad bit nervous. Oh Boy. Maybe I'll talk my buddy into shooting this first. LolF
Shit My wife just found out what a Schmidt & Bender Police Marksman Cost me. Shes like , Holy Shit , you just spent 8 k on the gun and now 4k on the scope and then 250 on Rings . I did not tell her how much 400 rnds of Hornady 750 Amax Cost . Guys , I might be looking for a place to stay. i'll let you shoot my new gun. Rugh Rogh Raggy

Friday morning having coffee , My wife is watching videos on facebook. She says to me, " With all this violence , the destruction, the hatred maybe you should make sure to get plenty of ammunition". :)

Last edited:
Checked my tracking number again. Scope was supposed to be here yesterday, will be here today. I ordered a Schmidt & Bender Police Marksman 2 FFP Scope in MOA .25 per click and Badger Ordnance 34mm Rings. This setup was recommended to me by a good friend. He is a 22 yr. retired Gunny Srgt. . He said it will withstand the recoil this weapon will deliver. . RECOIL ? Lol I bet. I am excited and nervous at the same time. The closest range I can go to and get on paper has 1,2 and 300 yards. I guess that will be a good start just to get the feel of this thing. Then going to Mifflin County Sportsmens Club. >>> http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com/ They have an awesome range where we can shoot out to 1000 yards. The range outside of Williamsport >http://www.pa1000yard.com/ will not allow the 50 cal. I guess years ago some knot head ruined that by catching the forest on fire. He was shooting tracer and API rounds. Thank you Moron. Will keep updated.

I guess years ago some knot head ruined that by catching the forest on fire. He was shooting tracer and API rounds. Thank you Moron. Will keep updated.
Never underestimate the ability of idiots to ruin fun for the rest of us...

I have a barrett M99. Recoil isnt nearly as bad as you think. But it definitely lets you know you got alot of horsepower lol.
Yes the API rounds will catch shit on fire in a heartbeat. Been there, done that. You will get used to the rifle, just takes practice. Remember your fundamentals. They apply to any rifle regardless of caliber. Only this one will exploit bad habits alot more.

I have a barrett M99. Recoil isnt nearly as bad as you think. But it definitely lets you know you got alot of horsepower lol.
Yes the API rounds will catch shit on fire in a heartbeat. Been there, done that. You will get used to the rifle, just takes practice. Remember your fundamentals. They apply to any rifle regardless of caliber. Only this one will exploit bad habits alot more.
Thank you . I appreciate the encouragement. So , I won't get blown off the bench? lol

Reactions: madppcs
Thank you . I appreciate the encouragement. So , I won't get blown off the bench? lol
Where you from Madppcs? You have places to shoot these monsters? Do you reload? Are these guns capable of decent accuracy,especially long range?

I prefer to shoot mine from prone. I can adsorb more recoil laying straight behind the rifle. Your going to experience more recoil from the bench because only your upper torso is on the bench and the recoil is pushing back at nearly 90 degrees on your body. Please remember this tip... WEAR Safety glasses or sunglasses along with your ear pro. The amount of pressure coming from these brakes will relocate almost anything on the bench or ground near you, flip over the closest shooting mats, and throw sand and dirt into your eyes.

Im in Louisiana, I have a personal range thats 1500yds. I dont reload, I shoot the regular Lake City FMJ, and Lake City APIT rounds. I havent gotten any match grade ammo yet. I bought my 50 more for the capability to shoot the API ammo. I find it comforting to know I can destroy shit from a long way off lolol. Ill post some pics from my phone on what these rounds can do at 1000 and 1500yds on steel.

As for accuracy, they are just as capable as any other caliber. Everything that applies to short actions still applies to these monsters.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
The range outside of Williamsport >http://www.pa1000yard.com/ will not allow the 50 cal. I guess years ago some knot head ruined that by catching the forest on fire. He was shooting tracer and API rounds. Thank you Moron. Will keep updated.

That is not the reason that range was closed to 50 cal. During a FCSA match that I was participating in a home owner on the other side of the impact berm shows up at the line and complains he is getting rounds impacting his property. No proof or evidence but the club BOD had heard enough complaints about a match that didn't make them enough money to make it worth the hassle and banned 50 BMG and the FCSA matches.

• Angry
Reactions: ehess60
Here are a couple pics of my plates at 1000yds. You can see a perfect hole where the APIT passed through the single plate. The impact where the plates are together actually captured the penetrator.
20180502_183638.jpg
20180502_184047.jpg
20180502_183652.jpg
20180415_172118.jpg
20180502_183638.jpg
20180502_184047.jpg
20180502_183652.jpg
20180415_172118.jpg
20180502_183659.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
And here are penetrators i captured at 1500yds. I think my plate is 1/2 inch thick. The pic is a couple months after i shot. The incendiary flash has been painted over and theres now rust lol.
20180708_132602.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
No, local steel yard stuff. Dont know the hardness. I dont want to shoot API at AR500, cause I dont want the risk of ricochet. What I would like to know the hardness of is the actual API penetrator. If you look at the close up of the 1000yd plate the tip of the bullet is unscathed. And thats after penetrating the first 1/2" plate and impacting the 2nd.

I prefer to shoot mine from prone. I can adsorb more recoil laying straight behind the rifle. Your going to experience more recoil from the bench because only your upper torso is on the bench and the recoil is pushing back at nearly 90 degrees on your body. Please remember this tip... WEAR Safety glasses or sunglasses along with your ear pro. The amount of pressure coming from these brakes will relocate almost anything on the bench or ground near you, flip over the closest shooting mats, and throw sand and dirt into your eyes.

Im in Louisiana, I have a personal range thats 1500yds. I dont reload, I shoot the regular Lake City FMJ, and Lake City APIT rounds. I havent gotten any match grade ammo yet. I bought my 50 more for the capability to shoot the API ammo. I find it comforting to know I can destroy shit from a long way off lolol. Ill post some pics from my phone on what these rounds can do at 1000 and 1500yds on steel.

As for accuracy, they are just as capable as any other caliber. Everything that applies to short actions still applies to these monsters.

i wished I was living in Louisiana. We could have fun together with these monsters. Maybe even tip the earth off its axis. lol I have a feeling I'm eventually going to live where there is more open space.

Nice looking rifle, but man is the entire thing a fugly color of tan. If that was mine, I would be getting some forest green or brown and black with a laundry bag. Or maybe try some of those Primary Arms stencils. Do a desert or woodland camo.

Nice looking rifle, but man is the entire thing a fugly color of tan. If that was mine, I would be getting some forest green or brown and black with a laundry bag. Or maybe try some of those Primary Arms stencils. Do a desert or woodland camo.
Lol. I agree. I haven't settled on a motif yet.