• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Sig Sauer 522 Rifle... Project - SPF

vvayvvard

Majestik Møøse
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2020
USA - TN
Selling a semi-auto Sig Sauer 522 rifle, chambered in .22 LR. I've been the sole owner of this gun, and while it was pretty fun at the start, it's now pretty much just taking up space in my safe. Let's talk about why.

IMPORTANT: This rifle has trouble cycling rounds reliably. It worked fantastically when I got it factory new, but has since developed a little bit of trouble. The bolt does not cycle reliably 100% of the time. Pulling the trigger does make it go bang, and it ejects the spent case with no issue. The issue is that when the bolt returns to cycle another round into the chamber, sometimes something is causing the bolt to hang up and it does not return to battery completely. This issue is remedied by simply pushing the charging handle forward the last 1/4" to close the chamber, and you're ready to go again. Honestly, I'm not sure what the issue is; I've taken it apart and scrubbed it clean as best as I could and lubed it up properly, but could not get it to function correctly 100% of the time, and I'm done spending time on it.

When it did work, it was tons of fun, but it will obviously need some work to reach that state again. For that reason, I'm pretty much selling this as-is as a project to someone who wants to try and diagnose the issue, and might have the spare parts and patience to get it working again... Or maybe you're just a masochist who wants a 22 that gets your hopes up when it works for a few shots in a row, then crushes any hopes and dreams you might have accidentally acquired. I won't judge you.

Comes with 4 25-rd magazines, a Cabela's-branded CS .22LR rimfire scope mounted on Blackhawk rings, and operator's manual. Also has a few extra parts like a smaller stock buttpad for a shorter LOP.

20220212_090236.jpg

Asking $375 FTF in the Knoxville, TN area. If you really want this and aren't local to me, please let me know and we can talk shipping.

EDIT: SOLD via Arfcom

Last edited: