• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer - KILO3000 BDX LASER RANGEFINDING BINOCULARS

Blowby,

If I understand what you are experiencing, this is how all the BDX models, and indeed the Leica, work.
Today I posted results of a productive day. Yesterday the communication was having trouble consistently even after the first “wake up” hit of the range button you just educated me on. It seemed to not have the ability to retain a solid connection. Thanks for the heads up on the protocol. I’ll be out on the range Tuesday afternoon to run it through small targets from 200 to 1410 yards.

Little disappointed in the case that comes with this unit. I have zero interest in chest mounting these but I do have interest in a pouch for my pack.

What's everyone planning on using for an aftermarket Bino case?

Also, finally got these out this weekend. ranging is fine. the alignment of mine seem to be high middle of the circle which is very nice. The glass is good, edges are your standard "awful" that most normal binos seem to be plagued by. Hoping to get some testing done with the Kestrel linked in a few weeks.

Reactions: trauma1
I do not have the case, mine is a demo item, so no accessories etc. But I do carry mine binos in an AGC chest pouch, so would have liked to see the case to get an idea of what it's like. I am told by some people it is very similar to Kuiu?

As to how to carry it, there is a post on another board where a guy found a pouch, I believe for his pack, that fits nicely. I suspect pretty much any bino pouch will work, however. If I can find the post again, I'll pass on his recommendation.

Reactions: TheMammoth
It looks very similar to a Kuiu chest rig.

And thanks, recommendations would be great.

Wanted to share this discovery; the 5.11 6.6 Padded Pouch is a perfect fit, padded, and only $25. I used this over the weekend and it provided a nice pouch for tossing these in a support pack.

View attachment 7048985

Mammoth,

Here it is, it's actually from earlier in this thread. Not sure it's what you are looking for, but hopefully helps.

Just got the notification from Liberty. They’re on the way. Won’t be home til Easter but i should be able to get them side by side with our razors.

Reactions: TheMammoth
Ok well I had a Kilo 2000 and was utterly disgusted at the glass quality and I’m not a glass snob. Is the 3000 a huge huge step forward or merely a cheap Chinese bino with LRF ?
I can't understand your disgust AT ALL. The Sig 2000 is a rangefinder not a binocular and only was meant to serve the purpose of returning a range for a point chosen by the operator. Multi use binocs an rf, different story.

Just bought and tested one of these bino strap/harness thingies today. Spectacular addition to the 5.11 padded 6.6 pouch.

Does anybody want the original harness that came with my Kilo 3000? I cannot ever see using.

Just bought and tested one of these bino strap/harness thingies today. Spectacular addition to the 5.11 padded 6.6 pouch.

Does anybody want the original harness that came with my Kilo 3000? I cannot ever see using.
PM inbound...

Midway has the same 20% off on Sig BDX deal again. If you want the Kilo3000BDX cheap, that looks like the way to go (barring sales tax collection details).

Has anyone received their order from Optics Planet? I got a call from them a month ago asking if I wanted the Vortex Fury instead. I told them I would just hold off for the Sigs.

I hope Midway isn't screwing around with their ETA. When I ordered in March it was April 15, now it's April 21.

I'm hoping it's soon for mine. Since some are out there, I think there is a chance Midway will ship on schedule.

I have my fingers crossed.

Midsouth Shooter Supply had a similar 20% off Sig Sale and Kilo3000BDX in stock so I canceled my Midway USA backorder and ordered through Midsouth.

As a bonus, Midway decided to collect sales tax effective April 1 so Midsouth is actually going to be about $90 cheaper for me.

Hopefully they aren't lying about the stock status.

Long time lurker on the site here... I don't post much on forums, but I do enjoy reading the many reviews and opining from guys using the gear out in the field. This is one time I can maybe provide a little bit of useful info on a piece of kit that'll hopefully help someone else out. For reference, in my pack up until now are Viper HD 10x42 binos and a Ranger 1500 LRF. These still both work awesome, but I wanted the new shiny thing... I have mounted the Vipers and the Kilo3000 on tripods next to each other for my optics comparison. I do some casual long range shooting for fun but all that is just prep to make sure me and my gear are ready for Elk season. Hunting is when I plan to really get my money's worth out of these binos. I've shot some long range competitions before, but with young kids at home... I have other priorities. I hope to get back into some competitions someday and I can see these binos being quite useful there.

I've been wanting the Kilo3000's since I saw there were gonna be a thing... I got mine last week and here's the short version of my thoughts on them: I love 'em. If my name was Tony and I was a Tiger I’d say “they’re great!”

Overall impression of the product:

The fit and finish is just great. Just looking at them they give a sense of being durable and high quality, and they have great lines. Personally I love the more angular aesthetic and I can't stand flowy lines and lots of weird curves for no good reason... so these fall squarely into the category of what I think looks and feels good. Holding them... they impart a strong sense of quality and durability. They are a bit heavy... about 200 grams heavier than the Vipers if memory serves. But really it doesn't matter... considering they have such a good LRF inside, I could care less about a "little bit" heavier. The outer rubber armor is very similar to what Vortex puts on the Viper and Ranger... so I'm used to that fairly hard, and slightly tacky/grippy rubber surface... Either bare hands or with gloves, it just feels great; I love it. The eye cups have four settings and to rotate/move them there is just the right amount of firmness or resistance to rotation. They have some texture/large checkering that both looks great and feels good to grab and move. The diopter adjustments work great, but as some others have noted, they do not lock, and they aren't quite as firm/tight as maybe they could be given there is no way to lock them. I will be using some silver Sharpie to mark mine. Every now and then it pays off to have a wife with a fully stocked craft room...

The glass: Honestly, its a wash overall between the Vipers and the Kilo3k. I think the Kilo resolves a tinier bit better maybe and is a tad brighter, but the Viper definitely has better color contrast. This is all from very limited testing, but they were both mounted in tripods to get the best image possible. I wasn't expecting alpha glass from these, so basically they are easily performing at or above what I was hoping for.

LRF: This thing is crazy capable... especially compared to the Ranger 1500 and Bushnell Elite LRF I have been using. I was able to range a large tree across the valley from my back yard repeatedly at 2983yds. Hopefully soon I can get it out where I can range cows or horses to give me an idea how it will do with animals. Since I won't ever shoot anywhere even close to the range this thing is capable of... it is more LRF than I will ever need.

Kestrel and AP: I ponied up for a Kestrel 5700 Elite and it just works so awesome with the Kilo3k. I got all my rifle data into the Kestrel and once I had them bonded I range and the binos populate with the elevation and windage mils every single time without hesitation. As other guys have noted, you gotta "wake up" the connection but once you have the process worked out it is easy, super quick, and reliable. After inputting my load data, I used the "Cal MV" to true up the data. That process was super easy and now the dope is rock solid. I absolutely love it when technology, software, hardware, and companies work together like this and give us products that perform a really useful service while being durable and looking so good. Bravo!

So you can tell I really like the binos… the only thing I don't like is the fact that the diopter rings move too easy. If they were either locking or had more resistance that would solve the problem. This is a pretty big problem... just in a few minutes of getting them mounted to a tripod, aimed at a target, and focused... both diopters were off. Some type of marking, at a minimum, is absolutely necessary. I have my concerns about the silver Sharpie ink being durable, so I guess we'll see how long it lasts. I have though about using a tiny soldering iron to melt a small line in the rubber of both the green body and the black diopter, but if I were to wear contacts/glasses or my vision changes degrades further... then the marks would be off... so that may not be the best idea. I also wish the binos came with a nice rubber cover for the eyecups like the Vipers did. I use that and like how well it protects the glass. They also didn't come with anything to cover or protect the other end of the glass... obviously if I put them back in the soft case thing they sent, that would protect them, but I haven't figured out how I'm gonna store these yet. The do fit perfectly in the small Badlands chest harness that I already have for the Vipers... so during elk season they'll live in that.

I'm not planning to buy a BDX scope right now. If they come up with a 5-30x or something more tempting than the current offerings (like maybe some REALLY REALLY good glass...) I will look harder at them. In Oregon Sportsmans has all the BDX scopes on clearance because ODFW wrote and added rules to the hunting regs specifically prohibiting the use of a scope that communicates with a rangefinder. These beureaucrats are the WORST, just ridiculous... and Sig is IN Oregon. When I called Sig to ask a couple questions about the Kilo3000, the rep told me (I think I heard him right here) that Andy York took that ODFW garbage personal and is working toward a solution so all the equipment can be used.

Not sure why the first reticle pic of the yardage is so washed out... I'm not a photographer... never tried taking pics through an optic before. The elevation and windage pics show the brightness and contrast of the display much more like my eye sees it.

Hope that helps anybody wondering if they'd like these. Cheers!
E84AC749-F591-4E8C-8D33-E53FDD36DF66.jpeg
14088563-A082-4775-AC7B-3075B8979D8D.jpeg
Kilo3000 ranging.JPG
Kilo3000 elevation mils.JPG
Kilo3000 windage mils.JPG
3272C779-2B83-4E94-8E65-6A192E7BF293.jpeg

Last edited:
Midsouth created a shipping label so hopefully it won't be long now (fingers crossed).

I got a shipping confirmation email and it listed all items in stock and shipped.

Now the tracking shows movement of the package so I think I'm going to get my LRF finally.

I've wanted one since it was announced (2018 SHOT Show I think).

Reactions: KingRat
Wish they came with lense covers like vortex instead of the stupid case thing but otherwise they are great

In my pictures you can see the rubber lens covers on it... those are the ones that came with my Viper... they fit darn near perfect on the Kilo’s.

Last edited:
In my pictures you can see the rubber lens covers on it... those are the ones that came with my Viper... they fit darn near perfect on the Kilo’s.

Having used these a little are you satisfied with the glass and ready to use these as your full time binoculars?

I have been waiting to get my hands on a pair of these! Mine are supposed to be arriving mid week but we will see if the actually shipped or not.

I have the Bushnell 1mile binoculars but the glass in them is not great for observation :(
really hope these are a bit better. Having the rangfinder in the binoculars is super handy.

I was torn between these and the Leica Govid 3000. I know the Leica glass is definitely going to be better but the
Bluetooth connection with the kesteral really sold me on these. And how easy it should be to switch between different profiles for different rifles.

I wish someone made a set of premium binoculars with all the functions these have. I'm sure by next model year Leica or the other big names will have this setup.

I would have went with the Leica Govid 3000 but the drop data in them only goes to 1000 yards and you have no option to link with kesteral so you end up having to do more work entering data to get your solution and that's more chances to make an error.

I got to use my 3000 BDXs for turkey hunting this weekend and compared them to my Steiner Predator 10x42s which are the binos I normally use for deer and turkey hunting. They are pretty close in clarity and brightness with a very slight edge going to the Steiners. Having the RF built into the binos is a huge plus when hunting and I am willing to trade very slight perceived clarity for the pros of all in one unit. I had two gobblers that I couldn't get in shotgun range this weekend both were chasing hens and my calling isn't good enough to pull them off live birds.....LOL

Reactions: 5RWill
I got to use my 3000 BDXs for turkey hunting this weekend and compared them to my Steiner Predator 10x42s which are the binos I normally use for deer and turkey hunting. They are pretty close in clarity and brightness with a very slight edge going to the Steiners. Having the RF built into the binos is a huge plus when hunting and I am willing to trade very slight perceived clarity for the pros of all in one unit. I had two gobblers that I couldn't get in shotgun range this weekend both were chasing hens and my calling isn't good enough to pull them off live birds.....LOL

Some times those turkeys can be tricky! Hopefully your next outing will have a different outcome ;)

Are these the first rangfinding binoculars you have owned and used?

After I got my first pair I don't think I could ever go back to using a normal rangefinder.

I have several different sets of binoculars I'm going to be comparing the sig kilo 3000 to as soon as it comes in.

I'm sponsored by a gun shop for shooting competition and they are going to let me take some of the different models they have out in the field to compare and I'll post the results of what I find here.

If any of you have a specific model of binoculars you want me to compare to the Sig's let me know and I'll see if I can get my hands on a pair.

Just found this video review Rex posted yesterday could be helpful for people on the fence about these

Some times those turkeys can be tricky! Hopefully your next outing will have a different outcome ;)

Are these the first rangfinding binoculars you have owned and used?
Thanks yeah we are about five weeks into Turkey season and they just aren't falling for what they did the first week...... lol I got two more tags to fill and my Turkey hunting will be over till next season.

Yes these are the first RF binoculars I have ever owned and used and I can't see myself ever going back to separate RF and binoculars I am hooked. Looking forward to your reviews.

I'm undecided between the Kilo 3000 and the Terrapin x, my choice will go on the Kilo 3000 for the simple fact that it is a better laser at long distances....

Vortex’s new Fury 5000’s

On paper they look equal, but with Sigs added BDX communication to my Kestrel Id say its swaying me in Sigs direction. Im also interested in whether its a better option to go seperate binos like the Bushnell Forge 10x42’s and a solo RF as technology seems to be getting replaced every 6 months.

Vortex’s new Fury 5000’s

On paper they look equal, but with Sigs added BDX communication to my Kestrel Id say its swaying me in Sigs direction. Im also interested in whether its a better option to go seperate binos like the Bushnell Forge 10x42’s and a solo RF as technology seems to be getting replaced every 6 months.
I have used separate binos and RF for a few years now and I absolutely love having the RF built into the binos it is great only having pair of binos around your neck vs binos and a RF I personally will never go back. They are a little heavier than a regular pair of binos of the same mag range (10x42), but I believe the pros out way the cons.

I have used separate binos and RF for a few years now and I absolutely love having the RF built into the binos it is great only having pair of binos around your neck vs binos and a RF I personally will never go back. They are a little heavier than a regular pair of binos of the same mag range (10x42), but I believe the pros out way the cons.

I agree 100% where I hunt and shoot it's a lot of woods and then some big open areas

I feel like if you were mostly shooting and hunting in big open areas it would not be as big of a deal to have both a stand alone rangefinder and binoculars cause you could spot then take your time on the ranging and getting ready for the shot..
however in the environment I'm in it's super handy to have one unit.

That's 252,088 miles and Google says

The moon's orbit around Earth is elliptical. At perigee — its closest approach — the moon comes as close as 225,623 miles (363,104 kilometers). At apogee — the farthest away it gets — the moon is 252,088 miles (405,696 km) from Earth. On average, the distance from Earth to the moon is about 238,855 miles (384,400 km).Oct 27, 2017

Somehow I have a feeling maybe this is a joke ;)

I got a shipping update on Monday and then nothing until today but the good news is that it's within about 100 miles and I bet it's going to travel this evening and get on a delivery truck tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed, I'll have it tomorrow night.

I also heard that my backordered scope mount is due to ship out tomorrow or Monday so it won't be long before I'm ready to try out the full BDX system with AB external.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
That's awesome! What scope did you go with?

mine are supposed to be here tomorrow afternoon I'm hoping they make it and I'll take them to the shooting competition Saturday

I went with the 4.5-14x50. It only weighs a bit more than the smaller 4.5-14 model but the biggest negative I see with the BDX scope specs is light transmission through the electronic reticle so I went with the bigger objective and I felt the 4.5-14 magnification range is probably the most useful for the mid-long range steels and Target shooting I have in mind.

I'm waiting for a higher end second or third generation BDX scope like a 4-20x FFP before I look at it as a do everything solution. Hopefully they will put a switch or sensor on the elevation turret since they won't need it on the zoom ring if it's FFP.

The reports of easily moved diopters make these a total no go for me.

Just received mine from @LibertyOptics, look good so far, ranged a house at 1200 yards that my Bushnell was never able to range. I’ll have a chance to get them out in the high desert this weekend on some steel out to a mile, as well as see how they handle mirage.

Just received mine from @LibertyOptics, look good so far, ranged a house at 1200 yards that my Bushnell was never able to range. I’ll have a chance to get them out in the high desert this weekend on some steel out to a mile, as well as see how they handle mirage.
What Bushnell do you have? Did they range the house first try and every time?

Mine will be here Tuesday. I will be using them in a Rifleman's Team Challenge match on Saturday and Sunday. They will be linked to a Kestrel 5700. Most stages you will range the targets and shoot all under time. I will report back my results the first week of May.

The reports of easily moved diopters make these a total no go for me.
The diopters do move a little bit easier than I would like, but I don't think its something that a little ingenuity couldn't fix first thing that comes to mind is simple witness marks so you can easily move them back if you inadvertently move them.

Had the CONX, which worked well on steel out to about 1500 yrds in bright light. Yeah, the Sigs hit the house every time and read back.

Just got my kilo 3000 this afternoon!
Man so far I'm really impressed glass is good not amazing but definitely a lot better then the Bushnell 1mile binoculars.

The glass is good enough that I'm definitely going to use these as my main hunting binoculars.

Scan mode is really awesome!! This thing ranges quick! I was torn between these and the leica and dont get me wrong the Leica glass is definitely better but I think overall these will be a lot more useful and have adequate glass. Monday I'll be comparing these to a bunch of other binoculars to try and get a better idea of where the glass quality is compaired to other options. I'll try to post an update as soon as I have more info.

Reactions: plamia2 and 5RWill
Got mine this afternoon. Big thanks to Scott @LibertyOptics Pleasantly surprised at the clarity. Just took them out for a second, didn't compare them to our Razors or the Zeiss Terra EDs. Contrast isn't poppy but i tend to favor that definitely reminiscent of the range finders as far as color. Has a bit of blue chroma to it. Edge to edge clarity was what shocked me, didn't really see much if any distortion. Ranging was great thus far. I do agree the diopters move incredibly too easy, shouldn't be a hard fix but definitely a downside. Focus is a bit sensitive for my eyes as well but man for the package it is, it's going to sell incredibly well. You're talking about PST level clarity or better (which is fine) with a great ranging system. Will spend more time with it tomorrow assuming weather permits.

I got mine today. The MSS price was about $960.

Compared to other LRF binoculars, that is dirt cheap.

I haven't done much beside install my Outdoorsmans adapter stud which fit perfectly, put in the battery and take a peek down the hall.

Now I'm looking at the harness trying to figure it out.

So far no glaring deficiency with the optics. I expect it will be as good as anything I'm used to but I don't have any real alpha glass.

I'll try to lase some distant targets in the morning and see what kind of clarity it has looking at far away leaves and twigs.

Just got back from another range session and was ranging hillsides over 3000 yards to trees I really wonder how far these will go on reflective targets.

Anyone have reports on animals? Cows, pigs, deer, Bigfoot, anything? Lol
Tomorrow I'll get some data on that ;) today I got them too late and it got dark on me before I had time to range animal's