• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig Sauer P220 Legion.

I Spot 4U - "Eagle Eyes"

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2014
Oregon
I'm currently researching if it would be worth time to purchase a Sig Sauer P220 Legion in .45 ACP (DA/SA) I'm asking for your personal opinions for those that currently own the Sig 220 Legion in .45 ACP or for those that hated it and may have sold or traded it for something else.

In your Opinion: Were there any issues, concerns or experiences good, bad or indifferent you personally experienced either from the 220 Legion Pistol itself or via Sig' Customer Service? Was there was any issue/s and don't mind sharing your experience. Thank you.

The only issue I've ever seen or had with the Legion series was the finish not being as durable as I would have liked. Sig may have fixed this, but I haven't owned a Legion in a year or so now. I sold or traded mine off, not for that issue, but because I typically carry everything I own. It's hard for me to have a 1200 dollar handgun that will be in and out of a leather holster a few thousand times a year, when I can do the same with a 600-700 dollar Sig and not be as heartbroken as I would with a 1200.

My P220 Legion was a tank. It digested everything I put down. Very accurate as almost every P220 in 45 I have ever owned is.

Sig CS is top notch. I have had to use it numerous times in the last couple of years unfortunately, but they have always come through. I've never had to send it on my dime (always theirs) and turnaround was just over a week at most. These were all due to early Sig P365's and one P365XL, not any Legion.

Hope that helps some.

The only issue I've ever seen or had with the Legion series was the finish not being as durable as I would have liked. Sig may have fixed this, but I haven't owned a Legion in a year or so now. I sold or traded mine off, not for that issue, but because I typically carry everything I own. It's hard for me to have a 1200 dollar handgun that will be in and out of a leather holster a few thousand times a year, when I can do the same with a 600-700 dollar Sig and not be as heartbroken as I would with a 1200.

My P220 Legion was a tank. It digested everything I put down. Very accurate as almost every P220 in 45 I have ever owned is.

Sig CS is top notch. I have had to use it numerous times in the last couple of years unfortunately, but they have always come through. I've never had to send it on my dime (always theirs) and turnaround was just over a week at most. These were all due to early Sig P365's and one P365XL, not any Legion.

Hope that helps some.
Yes, your post did help. Thank You very much.

Reactions: rockchalk06
Yes I have a P220 legion, and I plan on keeping it. It shoots good no complaints. It is more of a range and night table gun for me. I also have a 238 legion that I have carried regularly in a leather holster with out issues. The sights and grips were 2 of the reasons I picked the legion over other models. Hope this helps.

Yes I have a P220 legion, and I plan on keeping it. It shoots good no complaints. It is more of a range and night table gun for me. I also have a 238 legion that I have carried regularly in a leather holster with out issues. The sights and grips were 2 of the reasons I picked the legion over other models. Hope this helps.
Yes it does, Thank You very much.