• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Sauer Tango 4 Gen II?

PhOnEpHrEaK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2006
Salem, Ohio
So I received a new scope from sig as a replacement for my old one. I cannot find any information on this thing. It looks like the turrets received a nice upgrade, but I can’t figure out how the zero stop works!

Attachments

• 7AAE162A-E03D-4154-A6EE-EF9FD84F713C.jpeg
    7AAE162A-E03D-4154-A6EE-EF9FD84F713C.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 515ECC4C-664D-490C-80F9-26C5D794352B.jpeg
    515ECC4C-664D-490C-80F9-26C5D794352B.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 263
  • F877CD76-455A-447D-96A9-64C27A116C07.jpeg
    F877CD76-455A-447D-96A9-64C27A116C07.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 232
  • E61B57C2-A8BF-4D32-9CED-0FBBC920D864.jpeg
    E61B57C2-A8BF-4D32-9CED-0FBBC920D864.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 229
I like that they are now 10mil/rev, rather than 5. Does the parallax still only go down to 50yd?

I like that they are now 10mil/rev, rather than 5. Does the parallax still only go down to 50yd?

Yes, It is still 50. but has increments out to 1000 before infinity. I actually didn't think to try it at 25, as it does appear to go a bit below 50.

I have a gen1 tango4 6-24 on a rifle that I dont regret buying at all. I also purchased a gen2 tango4 6-24 recently bccause it was a good deal online. I havent been able to get my hands on it for I am not home. I was sent pictures when it arrived and I noticed that the turrets seem to be different than the gen1....I would be ok with that for they were odd to quickly set/read. I also noticed from my pictures that the turrets didnt have the "SIG" on each cap, yet online pictures all show that they do BUT yours doesnt seem to either. I was getting the feeling that I may have received a knock-off but if you say you got yours as a replacement from them, then I feel better.

how do you like the new turrets?
what happened to your gen1?
why the issue with the zero stop? ever get that sorted?

Turrets are a little mushy.

They also don't lock, which is bullshit because they still advertise them that way.

Zero stop is literally just loosening the screws and pushing the turret down at 0 then tightening the screws.

I bought one, got rid of it for a gen 1 with the locking turrets (since that was 90% of the draw for me).

So I received a new scope from sig as a replacement for my old one. I cannot find any information on this thing. It looks like the turrets received a nice upgrade, but I can’t figure out how the zero stop works!

Did you manage to work out how to set zero stop? There is nothing online.

Just reset your zero and make sure the little catch on the turret is on the left side of the pin.

Just digging up this old thread because I found it relevant to my questions.
The scope in the OP looks identical to the one I just bought used (six months old, saw the buyers original invoice) but mine is a 4-16x44. My problem is this, nothing I've read online while researching this optic has ever said the scope DOES NOT come with the locking turrets or the elevation revolution counter. So in trying to figure out what's up Google finally leads me to this thread.
Where do these non-locking turrets fit into the generation of these scopes? Early? Late? This scope is black vs gray so I figured (also read) that it's a later version.
I finally located the operators manual at sigsauer.com and it doesn't say anything about locking turrets either, nor the elevation rev counter. But it does mention once that the turret needs to be lifted/pulled out to make adjustments. Utter BS with this scope, there is no popping up of the turrets.
Instead one simply treats these turrets like old school, zero, remove turret cap and turn to align with 0, press down and tighten screws. The zero stop does work.
I have to say, I didn't expect these two key features to be missing when I read nothing about it anywhere until I purposefully went looking for it.
So does anyone know where this scope fits into the timeline of the Tango 4?

I've gone thru every generation of them I think, and by my experience that's three generations

Gen 1- bought in 2018, black body with locking low profile turrets. The zero stop got jammed up, and after tech support couldn't help resolve it, I sent it back, received a second black one. Used it at mammoth sniper challenge 2019 and the side parralax broke off, losing purge and rendering it inoperable on the final day. Leupold did hook me up with a nice discount on a new scope though. That mk5 is dope.

Gen 2- sent that one back, received a grey one in return. Seems the same otherwise. Used it for a year and change and the internals developed a problem rtz. Returned it feb 2020.

Gen 3- black body with high profile non locking turrets. I called sig Sauer and they said that's how the new ones were. Pissed me off. I asked for an older one with the locking turrets, and they didn't have any.

I gave up, relegating it to my trainer only. And I'm about to just sell it.

Anyways, good luck.

Hmmm, and I thought the gray ones were the first gen.
I'm not ready to write the scope off as junk just yet. If what you say is true and they are on the 3rd gen then they are making improvements, hopefully eliminating the issues documented here and elsewhere. Though I was initially surprised with the missing features I'm not bothered by it. These turrets seem rock solid and very much like the tango 6. If they cured that "breaking off of the parallax turret" thing that's a big plus.
Thanks much for your input.

Reactions: RogueTanker
Just digging up this old thread because I found it relevant to my questions.
The scope in the OP looks identical to the one I just bought used (six months old, saw the buyers original invoice) but mine is a 4-16x44. My problem is this, nothing I've read online while researching this optic has ever said the scope DOES NOT come with the locking turrets or the elevation revolution counter. So in trying to figure out what's up Google finally leads me to this thread.
Where do these non-locking turrets fit into the generation of these scopes? Early? Late? This scope is black vs gray so I figured (also read) that it's a later version.
I finally located the operators manual at sigsauer.com and it doesn't say anything about locking turrets either, nor the elevation rev counter. But it does mention once that the turret needs to be lifted/pulled out to make adjustments. Utter BS with this scope, there is no popping up of the turrets.
Instead one simply treats these turrets like old school, zero, remove turret cap and turn to align with 0, press down and tighten screws. The zero stop does work.
I have to say, I didn't expect these two key features to be missing when I read nothing about it anywhere until I purposefully went looking for it.
So does anyone know where this scope fits into the timeline of the Tango 4?

It is the gen 2. There have only been two generations of the tango 4; neither of them had locking turrets. Both do have a zerostop though.
As far as I know only the Tango 6 has locking turrets I have two Tango 4s, one of each generation, and two tango 6s, one of each generation. They do seem to work well, but I have managed to kill two Tango 4s so far.

It is the gen 2. There have only been two generations of the tango 4; neither of them had locking turrets. Both do have a zerostop though.
As far as I know only the Tango 6 has locking turrets I have two Tango 4s, one of each generation, and two tango 6s, one of each generation. They do seem to work well, but I have managed to kill two Tango 4s so far.
Post above says he's seen what he believes to be three gens. I have no idea what's real.
And there are adverts all over the net plus testimony here that people's personal Tango 4's had locking turrets, some that have been warranty replaced with a version of the same scope without locking turrets.
So far I've read everything from A to Z concerning these scopes, there seems to be zero consistency.

I have 2 tango4. The first one I got is a 4-16 in graphite before they came out with the black one, second is a 6-24 that is black. As far as the “locking” turrets, the two I have are a zero lock I believe is what they call it. When you return to zero it drops down and locks at zero. These are nice because I have my zero lock set at my suppressed zero which is how I normally shoot. When unsuppressed I lift stop and turn back to hit the zero stop. I’m hoping nothing goes wrong with my two because I don’t want the new version. Also my family has a FFL, speaking to our rep at Davidsons he said dig does updates to their optics every year. Not sure how valid this is. But officially there is only gen 1 & 2

Just sent in my original tango 4 4-16 (with locking turrets) cause it could t hold a zero, should get new one in today from sig. locking turrets was the best feature about this scope. Do y’all have any suggestion on scopes with locking turrets like the old style tango 4’s?

When I spoke to Sig Sauer last week (to get status on my Cross rifle) they said they had the original Tango4 (grey/black color) and the gen 2 which is all black. I didnt='t have the scope yet (being shipped) so I didnt ask about the zero stop.

When I spoke to Sig Sauer last week (to get status on my Cross rifle) they said they had the original Tango4 (grey/black color) and the gen 2 which is all black. I didnt='t have the scope yet (being shipped) so I didnt ask about the zero stop.
The zero stop is actually pretty simple to work out, if you have issues let me know :)

The Gen 2 turrets remind me very much like the Burris XTR 2. Hmmm
Both made in Philippines. They are stiff you won’t have to worry about them moving.