• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns SIG Scorpion Vs Ruger SR1911

Savagemarksman

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2013
Missouri
Does anyone have any feedback on these two pistols? I have a SIG P226 MK25 in 9mm that I love and I also really like my ruger revolvers. I am just trying to decide on which 1911 to trade my springfield GI model in on.

Have the sr1911 cmd and I love it. I have a Remington r1, Kimber cdp, and sig nightmare and I love the sr1911 just as much as the rest of them. It has become my 45 carry gun. Best Value for the money Imo.

You won't go wrong with eather of them. Just flip a coin that's basically why your doing here there probably going to be a 50/50 opinion

You won't go wrong with eather of them. Just flip a coin that's basically why your doing here there probably going to be a 50/50 opinion

+1

on the other hand sr1911 if you look around can get it or $650, $700 pushing it and it is a tac driver. Sig on the other hand is nice too about $200 more tac driver also. Just comes down to preference on color and what you plan to due with it.

Ruger hands down. It's a "real" 1911 with an internal extractor :eek: Haha I kid, I kid....
I have the SR1911 and it's my favorite handgun I own. I have yet to have a failure of any kind after 2500 rounds.
Another thing to consider is the square-ish slide of the Sig line of 1911's does not fit in quite a few kydex holsters made for a standard 1911.
The SR will most likely outshoot you too. This group was shot at 21' offhand.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Ruger. After I did a little more research on them they do seem to have the most bang for my buck.

Ruger, my last Sig 1911 was nothing but problems. after a few trips back to Sig, I ditched the gun. It really sound like Ruger did their homework and got this one right.

I'm kind of leaning towards the Ruger. After I did a little more research on them they do seem to have the most bang for my buck.

I have nothing against the external extractor on SIg or, for that matter, S&W 1911s. Owning four S&W 1911 pistols that all shoot very well and are 10% reliable makes me lean that way. I don't have much personal experience with how the Sig's extractor performs. My issue is already stated above; the slide on a lot of the SIg 1911s is squarish and won't fit correctly in a lot of holsters. I would also say that CS is a bit of a step up at Ruger right now.

I had the SR1911 and out of all the guns I have sold lately, its the one I regret the most. I paid $640 otd for mine. I looked at the Sig and it was a good bit more expensive.
The Ruger shoots really really great and you won't find any bad reviews on them. Best 1911 for the money hands down.

I burned my last 2 eight pound kegs of 45 powder in a scorpion pro carry, shot any bullet I could find without any problems at all, the damn thing feeds empty case out the mag hand cycled.
I have several other 45 I don't shoot or carry anymore.
Cheers.

I owned the Ruger when it first came out and own a fullsize traditional slide Scorpion. They are both nice guns but the SR1911 was more finicky and required lots of tuning to get it to feed any type of ammo. The Sig has a flat 16lb recoil spring that had to go because it would sometimes fail to return to battery in the first 200rds with my handloads due to a tight chamber. It was replaced with an 18.5lb round spring and eats anything I feed it. They are really two different animals. The ruger is a traditional series 70 and the Sig is a series 80 with an external extractor. The Ruger has no checkering on the front and the Sig does. The Sig comes with night sights and the Ruger does not. If I had to choose I would get the Sig for the night sights and front strap checkering alone. I was a series 70 traditional 1911 snob for years but owning the Sig has changed my opinion. I bought a shim to convert it to series 70 but have not done it yet.

I have been running sig black water for several years over 7k rounds no issues. External extractor cures lots of issues and sig quality is top shelf

Pick one and you'll win either way. The SR1911 I had ran perfect (400 rounds) except for one failure to feed after firing the very first round. Traded up to a Sig Tac Ops TB and it's been nothing but perfect as well. Only reason I traded up was for the rail and I like the front strap checkering, night sights and the Sig name were just a plus.