• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig SRD762: to QD or not to QD?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Im debating between 4 offerings in the Sig SRD762 lineup (QD vs. Direct Thread & Inconel vs. Ti). I have heard reports that the carbon build-up on the QD models happen very quickly and removal after a handful of rounds is very difficult to remove. Any truth to this, or is it just hearsay? The only reason im considering the QD is for the taper lok system. The speed of attach/removal doesnt matter to me.

Also, watching the John Hollister video where he dscribes each can, he says the DB difference b/w the Ti and Inconel versions are only 1-2 DBs. What is the advantage of the Ti can if thats true? Weight difference is only 1oz. The Ti can has about 35% more volume, so is the tone that much better? Im missing something because based on the info in those vids; why would I pay $200-$250 more for a larger, less durable can if all else is equal?

Thanks for any help!

Im debating between 4 offerings in the Sig SRD762 lineup (QD vs. Direct Thread & Inconel vs. Ti). I have heard reports that the carbon build-up on the QD models happen very quickly and removal after a handful of rounds is very difficult to remove. Any truth to this, or is it just hearsay? The only reason im considering the QD is for the taper lok system. The speed of attach/removal doesnt matter to me.
    Just bunk! Have shot over 100 rds of 7.62 Nato and the can still came off the mount with No issues.

Also, watching the John Hollister video where he dscribes each can, he says the DB difference b/w the Ti and Inconel versions are only 1-2 DBs. What is the advantage of the Ti can if thats true? Weight difference is only 1oz. The Ti can has about 35% more volume, so is the tone that much better? Im missing something because based on the info in those vids; why would I pay $200-$250 more for a larger, less durable can if all else is equal?

Thanks for any help!
    Think Inconel = SBR and Titanium = More precision work. And 1-2 dbs to the nake ear is a very large difference

That's good to know! I just got my stamp for my 762 Sig can!