• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SIG Suppressors?

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    How are they? Anyone have any reviews using one on a Precison rifle? Looking at the 762 quick detach. It's either that or a thunder beast. Thanks.

I shot all of their cans at Sig's range day during SHOT in '17 and '15 and they seem pretty good. Wound up winning a SilCo 762 Saker so that's what I'm going to use when it gets out of NFA jail.

I received the stamp for my SRD762ti-QD a couple weeks ago and have been able to take it out twice on my .308 since then.

So far I have been VERY impressed and it is clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the AAC SDN-6 I was using previously.

The taper-lok system works extremely well. There is zero movement once it's on, which was the biggest issues I had with the SDN-6.

Repeatability is excellent. I can take it on and off and it holds zero without issue.

I run 175 SMKs at 2600 FPS out of a 20" barrel with Varget and sound reduction is more than adequate to shoot all day without hearing protection.

With and without a magneto speed V3 hanging off the end it produced 5-shot cloverleaves so no issues with accuracy.

This is my first titanium suppressor and I will say that it appears to warm up quicker than the SDN-6. That's not an issue for me since this suppressor is dedicated to bolt guns only in my case. However, if you plan on running this on a .300BLK/5.56 SBR at some point, I would consider getting the non-TI version. I don't have any proof that the non-TI version will handle the heat better, but that seems to be the general consensus. I'd recommend doing some research in that arena if that's important to you.

How would you guys compare them to thunderbeast ultra 7 cans? I'm still trying to figure out which to get for prs bolt gun rigs.

I am very impressed I have used the QD 7.62 and 5.56 models
    would absolutely buy both of them look a little funky but work great