• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig TANGO 6 4-24x reticle off center.

DanUSMC

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2018
There have been others posts about canted reticles and related topics, but none of my searches thus far have dealt with my exact problem. I bought a Sig TANGO6 4-24x50 a little over a year ago. Optics planet had a good deal on them. The reticle is off center. When at 24x, the reticle appears centered. When you lower the magnification you will notice that the left limit of the horizontal cross hair will be covered by the edge of the reticle further than the right side is. I contacted Sig Sauer about it, and this was the response:

"That is a normal condition. The adjustment of the scope moves the reticle to either side and can move that out of the FOV slightly. If you were to adjust the scope to the other side the reticle would shift in the opposite direction. It is a trait of high power First Focal Plane scopes."

This doesn't make much sense to me. I mechanically centered the scope, the reticle is still off center to the left. I moved the windage dial to its left lateral limit, the reticle remains off centered to the left. I moved the windage dial to the extreme right, the reticle remains off center to the left. The reticle remains off center to the left throughout the range of diopter adjustment and parallax adjustment. I wrote back that I don't believe what he was describing was the issue, because if it were I imagine the off-centeredness would switch from one side to the other. No reply from Sig in over a week, so it seems they're pretty much telling me to screw off. It sucks because I have spent a lot of money on their products. Is this a common condition? Can anyone explain to me why I am seeing this? I got a good deal on this scope, but it still wasn't cheap and this off center reticle really bothers me. Maybe im being dramatic. I'm having some trouble with the coating on the optical lense too but thats another story. Any advice is appreciated. Attached is a picture of the reticle at about 16x, and its about 1/3 of a mil off center. The effect grows as you continue to zoom out.
Screenshot_20200610-192918_Video Player (1).jpg

Had a S&B do that too. Did not affect zero as the reticle shifted with the image.

Reactions: DanUSMC
NF ATACR 7-35 F1 a little off-center too (0.1-0.2mils) and I have seen some other top tier brands with this "issue" as well.

Reactions: DanUSMC
Thats a bummer, especially for tier 1 stuff like an ATACR or pmII. I suppose I'll just sell it if it continues to bother me so much, I didn't realise this was a common occurrence. My USO mr10 doesn't do this at all. Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'm kinda comforted to know im not the only one 😆