• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Tango4 or Vortex PST Gen 2?

Schweich12

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2020
So I need some help buying a new scope. Shooting will primarily be target out to 700yds and maybe occasional hunting, mostly target though. Rifle is a Savage short action in 308 primarily shooting Off the shelf 168gr factory loads. I will eventually upgrade the rifle to maybe a 6.5 cm for longer range shooting so 1000yd+ capability is important for scope choice.

I have narrowed down the choices to the Tango 4 6-24 and the Viper gen 2, both scopes FFP and MRAD reticle. Cost is about the same, $699 and $799 respectively. Any feedback or advise is greatly appreciated.

Also, I’m brand new to the forum so please go easy if I’m breaking any rules!

I had both. I would choose the vortex pst gen 2 5-25.

I liked the turrets and reticle better on the pst

Tango 4 had a little better glass to my eyes but the turrets were mushy.

Both tracked well. You won’t go wrong with either one.

I have the same decision... I found the Tango 4 in basic MRad for around $595. So if the two are that close, I think I may go with the Sig. I just can't get past how many ppl use the PST gen2. Let us know which way you go.