• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ok who has a sig x5 legion and how do you like it.

If you've shot one or own one lets here what you think.
I like mine. It's a large, substantial pistol that easily soaks up recoil. Even at a rapid rate of fire it's easy to keep on target. It has a reasonably nice stock trigger... for being striker-fired, anyway. And I like its accuracy. Finally, it's been 100% reliable with about 500 rounds of FMJ down the spout. I think I paid around $900 for mine and would buy it again without hesitation.

I don't compete with mine; I bought it for punching paper at the range which it does well. Let me know if you have more specific questions.

Reactions: Brian300
It is one of the best pistols I've ever owned.

I did add an aftermarket trigger, though the stock one is pretty decent.

Set mine up for USPSA Carry Optics, but haven't shot a competition with it yet.

Picture was before I took the magwell off (illegal in USPSA CO)

Sig-P320-Legion by Colo CJ, on Flickr

I love mines. I have a few p320 variants. It is my only stock Sig p320 variant. I usually just buy a stripped FCU, and build one up!

Also, the recoil spring is a standard 1911 spring for any adjustment required to reloads.

Fantastic gun. Set mine up with a DPP and Gray Guns comp trigger. One of the most accurate pistols I’ve shot.

Last edited:

What after market trigger did you use and what more did you get out of it than the factory. I have been looking at these and thinking of getting 1. I did check out a P226 Legion with the SRT trigger. It had a super trigger on it and the reset was incredible.

Will be my next pistol purchase. Probably this week. Nicest shooting polymer pistol I have handled. I have a 226 legion SAO that I absolutely love and has been perfect. I am an admitted fan of the legion guns.

I compete USPSA with mine. Great pistol and according to my SO "It shoots itself!"

My only complaint is the weak reset. I came from shooting a P10F and that reset snaps out with authority.

We have shot it out to 400m so I like it.

What after market trigger did you use and what more did you get out of it than the factory. I have been looking at these and thinking of getting 1. I did check out a P226 Legion with the SRT trigger. It had a super trigger on it and the reset was incredible.

A Grey Guns competition trigger kit with the heavy return spring and an Armory Craft Trigger with adjustable pretravel and overtravel. The Grey Guns trigger in the kit was OK, but the Armory Craft trigger with the adjustable pretravel made it even better.

Very little pretravel and almost no post travel. Best trigger I've ever felt on a striker fired gun and very light.

I have an X5 Legion and a CZ TSO.

The CZ is the nicer gun BUT....I shoot the X5 more accurately and faster.

I enjoyed shooting a friends but he said he's had mediocre accuracy with it. When he called Sig they said that they only guarantee 2" at 10 yards. His trigger return spring was really weak too, but maybe that can be upgraded? To be fair, that is subjective and it was perfectly reliable.
I liked it and would probably buy it as a range blaster if I didn't have my 2011.
It is a hefty boi...

Last edited:
20201227_225902.jpg

For your consideration....art....

While we don't own any Sig P320 X5 Legions specifically, we do own two P320 X5's. I feel the accuracy is fantastic, especially for a moderately priced striker gun. I think they're really easy to shoot well. I added a dot, a Gray Guns trigger (3# pull), and a Romeo 1 and I thought it shot very well with factory CCI Blazer Brass 147gr. Pictured is the group testing offset with the dot zeroed at 20y at different distances, standing freestyle, from the session I first shot the gun:

IMG_20190403_143802.jpg

I decided to get another P320 X5 because I liked how accurate/easy to shoot it was except I added the Legion grip module to it. It's kinda heavy:

20191112_225515.jpg

But it's still as easy to shoot well, I think. Same deal as above, added a Gray Guns trigger, dot, all that. Here's a group with Remington UMC 115gr FMJ at 25y standing freestyle, the first time I shot it with the legion grip module installed:

20191115_205030.jpg

My main gripe with the gun's shootability is how long the reset is. Other than that, there are some annoying things like how our slides cut for Romeo 1s are now outdated and Sig keeps reworking it. I sent in the gun with the legion grip module above to L&M to get cut for a SRO. Older legions only have DPP cuts but now can fit both RMRs and DPPs. Another thing to watch out for is that older P320 X5 Legions had a LCI cut into the barrel that would foul the red dot quickly. I think they're fantastic guns and I'm pretty surprised to hear about poor accuracy with one but definitely YMMV

While we don't own any Sig P320 X5 Legions specifically, we do own two P320 X5's. I feel the accuracy is fantastic, especially for a moderately priced striker gun. I think they're really easy to shoot well. I added a dot, a Gray Guns trigger (3# pull), and a Romeo 1 and I thought it shot very well with factory CCI Blazer Brass 147gr. Pictured is the group testing offset with the dot zeroed at 20y at different distances, standing freestyle, from the session I first shot the gun:

View attachment 7513302

I decided to get another P320 X5 because I liked how accurate/easy to shoot it was except I added the Legion grip module to it. It's kinda heavy:

View attachment 7513303

But it's still as easy to shoot well, I think. Same deal as above, added a Gray Guns trigger, dot, all that. Here's a group with Remington UMC 115gr FMJ at 25y standing freestyle, the first time I shot it with the legion grip module installed:

View attachment 7513304

My main gripe with the gun's shootability is how long the reset is. Other than that, there are some annoying things like how our slides cut for Romeo 1s are now outdated and Sig keeps reworking it. I sent in the gun with the legion grip module above to L&M to get cut for a SRO. Older legions only have DPP cuts but now can fit both RMRs and DPPs. Another thing to watch out for is that older P320 X5 Legions had a LCI cut into the barrel that would foul the red dot quickly. I think they're fantastic guns and I'm pretty surprised to hear about poor accuracy with one but definitely YMMV
I dont wanna totally misrepresent this sample, I wouldn't call it poor but maybe mediocre. We worked with several ammo brands off a bench and my old stock cz sp01 was significantly better across the board.
He sent it back to sig and they said it shot 1.5" @ 10 yards with their ammo.
However, its a very shootable gun and I didn't notice the accuracy (or lack of) while running plate racks at 25 yards.

I love mines. I have a few p320 variants. It is my only stock Sig p320 variant. I usually just buy a stripped FCU, and build one up!

Also, the recoil spring is a standard 1911 spring for any adjustment required to reloads.

I'm looking at the X5 or X5 legion for my next pistol. I have considered building one too. I have done a few glock builds there always fun.

I'm looking at the X5 or X5 legion for my next pistol. I have considered building one too. I have done a few glock builds there always fun.

I have bough all my stripped FCU from ABprototype.com as their prices are awesome. I am working the when to send one of my built Sigs to sigarmor for custom competition trigger job.

Also, if you do decide to purchase a stripped FCU, please email them, as they stopped advertising them on the site.

I have bough all my stripped FCU from ABprototype.com as their prices are awesome. I am working the when to send one of my built Sigs to sigarmor for custom competition trigger job.

Also, if you do decide to purchase a stripped FCU, please email them, as they stopped advertising them on the site.

Thanks for the info I will be checking them out. I'm going to price out a build and she what she'll cost me.

What are the differences between the x5 legion and something like the x5 coyote

What are the differences between the x5 legion and something like the x5 coyote

From looking around, the only differences I could find was that the coyote was the brown color, and possibly slightly smaller with a higher undercut.

Just bought one afer enjoying the Sig M17. I have a lot of guns and that sig m17 is the easiest damn gun to shoot well. I picked up a UPS Expert in 9mm at the same time, the Sig 320 Legion is heavier, sweeter.

Which aftermarket trigger did you go with?