• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig x5 Tactical ?'s

TEAMSENDIT

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 22, 2008
    whidbey island
    Well i am going to pick up a used sig x5 tactical threaded barrel pistol tonight and will probably take it out to the range this weekend. so i was wondering if any of you guys out there have any helpful hints for this pistol. good aftermarket mags, type of ammo it likes, recommendation on suppresor for it, etc....

thanks scott

Re: Sig x5 Tactical ?'s

Congrats on the new Sig. You're gonna love it. I have the threaded barrel version but have never shot it suppressed. I run 115gr WWB through mine. It eats it up. I've never had an issue. I would recommend using something like Slide Glide or Tetra grease instead of just oil. It seems to stay in place better. I have over 2000 rounds through mine with zero signs of wear on the rails. Mec-Gar mags are what I use. My friends who shoot it are amazed at how accurate it is. It's my most accurate 9mm by far.

I just sold mine to a buddy, ran mine suppressed 100% with sub-sonic 147's with a AAC Ti-Rant can. Spit in your face SOB worse than any host I own. Ran the Ti-Rant and my SWR Trident with SLP, slide-glide, whatever, including dry as a bone and it still gave me loads of crap in the face. Typical suppressed SIG. YMMV

I guess the pistol made it to you ok since I haven't heard anything. I'm interested to hear how you like it.

Just sold mine. I liked it, just didnt fall in love with it.

Get the new Hogue Piranha grips....world of difference.

You will love it. Very accurate weapons. I had the all around version and recently sold it. I've been looking for a threaded tactical as well, and havent had any luck finding one. They are hard to get, but Sig says that they are going to make them again.