• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sig zulu 10 abbe prizm anyone try these ?

JUAN l herrera

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2022
RCKY MNTS
Anyone try these new zulu10 abbe prizm binos by sig?
They look alot like the vortex uhd, $1399 I guess is better than the uhds $1699.
Although euro optic has them for $1k in the 10x42 .
Hows sigs warranty vs vortex?

Ernst Abbe of the "Abbe" in Abbe Koenig was co owner of Zeiss way back when, so the design has its roots in Germany, it is a popular albeit somewhat heavy design so these binos typically weigh more than their Schmidt-Pechan brethren which has largely taken over the high end market. Some would argue that the A-K design offers better light gathering ability than S-P designs; however, the aforementioned benefits of size and weight of S-P have all but erased good A-K designs from the market.

Vortex has one of the best warranty's in the business, no questions asked, ever even for accidental damage. In the optics world you pretty much get what you pay for, so it's likely the Vortex UHD might be a bit better optically just due to the price difference.
Other binos to consider under $2k would be the Kowa Genesis 10.5x44, Zeiss SFL 10x40. One other thought, you can often find used Swarovski EL 10x42's for under $2k (but make sure they are the "newer" EL with Swarovision because if not you might as well get the newer SLC HD design), these are pretty much the best of the best for the price. Kowa has the best glass I've seen to date compared to European glass (though I haven't seen everything), I'm going to be testing the new Vortex UHD 8x32 binos that were just announced so will be curious to see how these do.

I actually bought the sig for 1k$ and right after the price went up to 1400. The eye cups are not great it’s hard to get a good set up. I have the genesis and not sure why but my meoptas just look better . I also got the NL pure on sale and there is nothing better I own

Reactions: mewillis
Great info GH and Juan, I currently have Meopta HD’s but will check out the Vortex UHD models.

I actually bought the sig for 1k$ and right after the price went up to 1400. The eye cups are not great it’s hard to get a good set up. I have the genesis and not sure why but my meoptas just look better . I also got the NL pure on sale and there is nothing better I own
Which Meopta’s? And where on earth did you find a Swaro on sale, they seem to never go on sale.

Which Meopta’s? And where on earth did you find a Swaro on sale, they seem to never go on sale.
Meopta B1 10x42 HD newest model and Cabela’s months ago had 15% off everything so I ended up getting $580 with a promo off plus some discount code for members. Also used 220$ in saved points and a $50 gift card they gave me from a scope return. So I paid 2,657.36.
Cabela’s has been running 10% off Mondays for members lately

Meopta B1 10x42 HD newest model and Cabela’s months ago had 15% off everything so I ended up getting $580 with a promo off plus some discount code for members. Also used 220$ in saved points and a $50 gift card they gave me from a scope return. So I paid 2,657.36.
Cabela’s has been running 10% off Mondays for members lately
Oh nice, I always thought those % off everything deals had fine print and I always thought Swarovski and some other mfr's were included in that, but that is something for me to keep my eye on, thanks for the tip.