• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron 1-7X

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
Does anyone know anything about the new 1-7X Sightron which is coming out? All I know is that it is going to be priced under $1000 and will have a wide field of view, selectable illumination and choice of 1/3 MOA or Centimeter clicks. It supposes to be coming out in the summer. Will it be a true 1X? This scope is going to be 1/3 the price of its competitors I really want to know more about it, kind of makes me rethink the idea of buying a 1-4X. 7X is a decent magnification much better then 4X

Re: Sightron 1-7X

I haven't heard about it, but if it is in the works, it should be nice.

Back before I committed myself to using $1K plus scopes, I was running a Sightron 1.25-5X. It was a very nice scope. It had better glass than my Trijicon did. I don't know what Sightron is doing, but they must be doing something because they dropped the 1.25-5X from their line.

In any case, if you can't find a 1-7X and are looking for something to hold you over, you may still be able to find the .125-5X.

BTW, I wouldn't put too much importance on having a "true" 1X. Lots of guys out there using BAC with 1.5X, 2X, 3X and 4X ACOGS and other scopes. Besides, unless you have perfect vision, once you focus the reticle for your eye, you are no longer looking at a true 1X anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyAngel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't heard about it, but if it is in the works, it should be nice.

Back before I committed myself to using $1K plus scopes, I was running a Sightron 1.25-5X. It was a very nice scope. It had better glass than my Trijicon did. I don't know what Sightron is doing, but they must be doing something because they dropped the 1.25-5X from their line.

In any case, if you can't find a 1-7X and are looking for something to hold you over, you may still be able to find the .125-5X.

BTW, I wouldn't put too much importance on having a "true" 1X. Lots of guys out there using BAC with 1.5X, 2X, 3X and 4X ACOGS and other scopes. Besides, unless you have perfect vision, once you focus the reticle for your eye, you are no longer looking at a true 1X anyway. </div></div>
I am sorry but there is much more support for having true 1x than your BAC idea which is only ACOGs term for their setup. Shoot a true 1x compared to a not true and there is nothing more needed to be said.

Hey man, it isn't my BAC idea. I guess all of the guys shooting ACOGS or any other optic that doesn't offer a "true" 1X with both eyes open are just missing out.

True 1x or 1.25 or whatever, I dont care. NOW, a 1-7x for my multi-gun AR would be the cats ass. Will be looking out for this one soon!

I think a lot of people who have trouble with a 1.1 also shoot a pistol with 1 eye shut.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I saw at SHOT was very nice...this is not listed in the 2011 price list but that may not mean anything...or mean everything...

Scott </div></div>

Scott.... As soon as you hear of that 1-7.. . . Hold one for me! I will pick one up right away!

You bethcha!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What I saw at SHOT was very nice...this is not listed in the 2011 price list but that may not mean anything...or mean everything...

Scott </div></div>

Scott.... As soon as you hear of that 1-7.. . . Hold one for me! I will pick one up right away! </div></div>

Sorry to open this thread back up, but does anyone have information on the reticle options that will be available? Anyone who looked through one at shotshow?

THANKS

Scott - Do you also happen to have information about when their illuminated MOA 10-50 is going to arrive? Thanks again.

My understand is that it is going to be a true 1X, I think it’s going to be hard to beat this scope without paying two or three times more. If Sightron starts making other scopes with the 1-7 erector NightForce is really going to have to come out with something new. Maybe next year Sighton will come out with a 3-21 with FFP and fatter turrets.