• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Sightron Luvers

Jedi

Team AndiCapp
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Mountains
So we rave about these scopes especially the glass, best sub $1k scope period

With that said
Holy crap improve the reticule selection
the modified mil dot is pert good but not available on all scopes, damn it

Optical Services Company; Bill Ackerman, 5489 Santa Teresita Drive, PO Box 1174, Santa Teresa, NM 88008. Telephone (575) 589-3833. Scope modification and repair.
[email protected]

Guy above retro fits reticules for sightron,does not void warranty

Other good news
I understand that after new year sightron will be offering more/better reticule selection

Now if they did FFP and MP8/R1/GAP etc type reticule
Hmmmmmm

Re: Sightron Luvers

Myself and Sightron have already exchanged emails about the need for a better reticle selection and a FFP mil/mil model. When or if they ever decide to come out with something like this is anybodies guess but believe me I've tried nudging them in that direction.

Heck, if that guy retrofits a reticle for sightron how about a MOA reticle so at least we have matching reticle and knobs. Ditto on the FFP. Price?

Flyingbullseye

i really like my sightron but my next scope will be ior if sightron doesnt bring out a reticle simular to the mp8.

Next year, Sightron will have 0.1mrad clicks in their S3 scopes equipped with mrad-based reticles. S3 scopes with 1/4 MOA clicks will have a MOA-based reticle (2MOA hasmarks, I think).

ILya

Thats perfect

gonna kick my NXS to kurb n go IOR 6-24 FFP

+1 for Sightron 50X scopes on the F-class range. That is what i am seeing at Bridgeville De.

Good luck

Jerry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next year, Sightron will have 0.1mrad clicks in their S3 scopes equipped with mrad-based reticles. S3 scopes with 1/4 MOA clicks will have a MOA-based reticle (2MOA hasmarks, I think).

ILya </div></div>

Awesome news. Any word that there will be FFP versions? Wouldn't hurt to expand the illuminated reticle models.

Flyingbullseye

These guys should have some nice scopes in the upcoming years. It seems that they are slowly bringing out products that suite the shooting community. The reticles do leave something do be desired, so it is nice to hear that they will have something else available. The one that I have been using is the target dot which is about 1/4 MOA is I recall. Would be nice to see it about half this size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ILYA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next year, Sightron will have 0.1mrad clicks in their S3 scopes equipped with mrad-based reticles. S3 scopes with 1/4 MOA clicks will have a MOA-based reticle (2MOA hasmarks, I think).

ILya </div></div>

Awesome news. Any word that there will be FFP versions? Wouldn't hurt to expand the illuminated reticle models.

Flyingbullseye </div></div>

I have not heard anything about FFP Sightrons, so I would not count on them showing up any time soon. For Sightron's target market, I think going with high quality SFP scopes is a better short term strategy (just my opinion).

ILya

What is the cost for the change out of a reticle? Does he only work on sightron scopes?

I have talked to sightron about the FFP. I did not get the sense they are after that market. I have a couple of the new 6-24x50 MOA2 reticle scopes. They are great. I wanted SFP scopes for target shooting and hunting. To me the FFP is a waste on anyting lower than 10x. I just want great glass, matching reticle/turret, and other reticles than mil-dot. Zero Stops would be nice to. The market is getting full of great FFPs scopes. Just IMO.

Regards, John

I am a buy once cry once guy and I have a couple SIII that sit on my F class rifles, for black on white shooting at known distances, they are great scope but pale in comparison to the glass quality of my IORs and the new SWFA SSHD 5-20. I won't be jumping on the Sightron tactical scope bandwagon, no matter what reticule they have, for a while.
just my 2 cents