• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Sightron s-tac thougts?

Vikingextreme93

Private
Minuteman
May 30, 2019
Hi there, new to posting here (I have been a lurker for years). I am a experienced shooter and am looking to up my game in terms of accurate groups on paper. My club range goes out to 100 only and I have access to 500 yards on some family land, so no real long distances.

I am curious the thoughts on the SFP s-tac 4-20? What I would be using it for is mainly a modified 22lr silhouette league at my club. We shoot off bags at 25, 50, 75, & 100, mainly for bragging rights. I also like to shoot for groups at 100 so I do want to see the 22 holes.
I feel like I am missing something because the stac seems perfect as I am shooting fixed distances, 100 yards max, i hear sightron erectors are well regarded, and it has the magnification and parallax I need. I cant find much feedback on this scope so I would like some thoughts.

Last edited:
I just completed the Wolf Shooting school shooting a Ruger Target/Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor and a 4-20 sightron S-TAC, it performed and tracked great! I did run out of elevation at 1000 yards. For $300 bucks, you can't beat it!

I just completed the Wolf Shooting school shooting a Ruger Target/Varmint in 6.5 Creedmoor and a 4-20 sightron S-TAC, it performed and tracked great! I did run out of elevation at 1000 yards. For $300 bucks, you can't beat it!
Thanks, I have been contemplating a pst gen ii and an athlon ares or midas tac but with the impending tariff war looming I am really leery of a Chinese scope...I am probably thinking too much.

Pst 2 is a better scope in every way than the ares. $550 vs ($699 pst2). No brainer.

Pst 2 is a better scope in every way than the ares. $550 vs ($699 pst2). No brainer.
Thanks for that input. I am going to take a step up to to the PST GEN 2 and XTRII tier next year with a new centerfirefire bolt gun next year for sure. The sightron has my attention as a no frills blinker because I bought a 10/22 target on impulse and now need a decent scope for my aforementioned purposes. If I wasn't cheap this wouldn't be so hard...

That is my thinking as well, may just have to do it and find out myself. I am guessing the lack of features is why there is nor much chatter on these.

Do you have or know anyone with a 3d printer? I made a zero stop for mine. What other features do you need?

Negative on the 3d printer. Aside from zero stop the stac has everything I need for this rifle. Hence my curiosity, really more curios how they track and hold up. The more I think...I actually feel I can actually save some money, spend less and be happy with the stac.

I've played with the 3-16.

Damn good glass for the price range, it's not quite to the sII big sky or sIII, but it's half the price. Beats any vortex in the price range by far on clarity.

Tracking is spot on.

I like ffp on my .22 more than my big rifles. Seems like I'm constantly going in and out to find an engage tiny targets, and NRL doesn't give you a lot of time to dial so I use holds.