• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron SIII 1.5-6x50 scope value?

Old Coach 67

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2018
I have 2 Sightron SIII 1.5-6x50 scopes to sell.
30mm tube - German #4 reticle.
Both in very good condition, one was never mounted.
I had one on an AR for hog hunting, worked fine but I have gone to
Trijicon.
Anyone know what they a worth?

They were around $600.00 retail, but got discounted to half that price when they were discontinued about 10 years ago. By all accounts, it was a great low light hunting scope, but a bit heavy and bulky with that 50mm objective.

Just speaking for myself, but for a like-new, high-demand item, I would say price it within 10% of new to start. For average demand, begin at 15% off retail. Lower demand items you'll likely need to discount more. Be patient if you can afford to wait; somebody might eventually show up who just has to have that exact item.

BTW, if you haven't read the rules for selling here yet, you need either 100 posts on the forum to qualify to make a listing in the PX or you can buy the privilege, which I believe is currently $50.00. Rules are here.

<edit> The option to purchase PX posting privileges may have been revoked recently. Probably best to PM one of the admins to find out about that.

Last edited: