• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron SIII 10-50x60

Darsel

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
What is the latest on this new scope? It was expected to be available at in early December. Any info you can supply on the SIII 10-50x60 is greatly appreciated.

Re: Sightron SIII 10-50x60

Larry Scott sells the Sightron series. Last post of his that I read says exactly what you know.

Looking at the power, I'd be inclined to say it would make a poor tactical optic, but an excellent BR optic.

Larry is taking preorders on them if you want to be the first in line. He was estimating them coming in at the 1000 dollar mark.

I guess that I will just hold on until more info becomes available. I will be using the scope for long range shooting -critters and target.

The scope isnt even on the Sightron Web sites product list yet so hard to believe Scott will be selling them in a week- I hope he is as I am keen to look at one myself but I aint holding my breath until Sightron start to display the new product

Larry has them listed on his sight, but no specs. I only know what I've read on his posts on other BR forums, and that is that they would be available in December. That being said, first I heard of this scope was middle of the year, and then the projected outlook was October. That got backed up to December, and it wouldn't surprise me to hear of them coming after the first of the year.

Best bet is to contact Larry, get on a list, and you'll be the first in line to get one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Best bet is to contact Larry, get on a list, and you'll be the first in line to get one. </div></div>

I rekon one should hold off and let a review or two go through before buying as there's always a possibility they're a pig -although personally I do doubht that will be the case .

The latest on E.T.A. is mid-January for availability of the 10-50x60 Sightron. This as indicated by Sightron.com by E-mail.

A 10-50x60???
eek.gif

Yes, a 10-50x60 from Sightron. It has been pushed back several times, but it sounds like it may not be much longer. One of our local hunting outfitters had it in their computer for a short time, but was removed do to a later release.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry Scott sells the Sightron series. Last post of his that I read says exactly what you know.

Looking at the power, I'd be inclined to say it would make a poor tactical optic, but an excellent BR optic.

Larry is taking preorders on them if you want to be the first in line. He was estimating them coming in at the 1000 dollar mark. </div></div>

Got a link to Larry's site?

I have been visiting Larry's site on a regular basis. There is no new information on his site. It seems like he would want to keep us posted to the latest developments.
I went directly to Sightron.com and at least got an update on the E.T.A of mid-January by e-mail. We have a local Sightron dealer and will compare prices when it is released for sale.

Also supposed to be new reticle options for the 8-32 SIII. Mildot and fine crosshair and 1/8 moa adjustment.

Sorry, just got back to this thread, forgot I posted here. jb9, thanks for posting that link. DarRock, thanks for that update. I recently committed to a USO TPAL, otherwise I'd be putting a deposit on one or getting a March 10-60.

Long story short, I just ordered a new Jewell HVR from Larry and got it two days later. AND you won't find them any cheaper, period.

For those people who don't know him (Larry), he caters to the BR shooters, but is a great guy to do business with.

I understand about not wanting to try a new scope until it is proven, however I have to say that Sightron has quite a reputation, and I find it hard to believe that they would put out a product that was any less that current standards.

Latest update on SIII 10-50x60. It is listed on greatscottshooters.com and sightron.com. The price is yet to be listed. At this point, it is only offered in a Dot Reticle. The unit does not come with sun-shade. The SIII 8-32x56 is now available with a Mill-Dot reticle as listed on sightron.com.
smile.gif

midwayusa.com says they will be available jan 15 and priced at $994.99 with either a fine crosshair or crosshair with 1/8 MOA dot.

Nice F class scope

Thanks for the additional information (hank440).
smile.gif