• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 Mildot experiences?

txgolfer45

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2010
Texas, USA
Anyone have this scope? Experiences? Considering it as an alternative to the Vortex Viper PST I currently have on order. Seems like it will do just about everything I need (hunting and long range targets). Has SFP instead of FFP and no illuminated reticle.

Re: Sightron SIII 3.5-10x44 Mildot experiences?

You can get them ill/with matching turrets now, I think glass quality is going to be better than the PST, but can say for sure as I never looked through a pst.
SIIISS3510X44LRIRMOA_Profile.jpg

MOA3.jpg

That is sweet looking. Now, do I stick with the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP or switch to the Sightron SIII LR 3.5-10x44 IRMOA or LRMDCM (no illuminated reticle and mil/mil)???? I can only get one!

Does anybody have a realistic time line on when the Mil/Mil or Moa/Moa Sightron's will be available?

I sent an email to Sightron to find out when they expect them to be available at dealers.

I read early march from another thread, but that is just speculation. I will most likely be giving liberty optics a call as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read early march from another thread, but that is just speculation. I will most likely be giving liberty optics a call as well. </div></div>

Sightron says 60-75 days...likely early April

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottTX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is sweet looking. Now, do I stick with the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP or switch to the Sightron SIII LR 3.5-10x44 IRMOA or LRMDCM (no illuminated reticle and mil/mil)???? I can only get one! </div></div>

I have the exact same question.....which one? FFP is not a "must-have" for me but the magnification range on the Viper just looks much better than the Sightron's.