• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm Side Focus Mildot Scope

sheckie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2006
CT
I was looking at these Sightron scopes on a few different web sites.

Does anyone have one of these or know about the quality of the optics? I realize these are under 1K but just throwing it out there.

Much appreciated.

Re: Sightron SIII 6-24x50mm Side Focus Mildot Scope

I had one. Recently sold it but it was IMHO a very nice scope. The glass is nice, quality is very good and it tracked perfectly.
The only reason I sold it was because the clicks are not quite up to what I liked. Not a problem with them but they just felt a little too easy to turn for my tastes (Nightforce user). Also, I use mainly Mil/Mil and the adjustments on SIII are MOA.
I think they are a very good value. Mine came from Liberty Optics.

I have one on a 338LM and its does perfectly.

In my opinion they are WELL worth the money.

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one. Recently sold it but it was IMHO a very nice scope. The glass is nice, quality is very good and it tracked perfectly.
The only reason I sold it was because the clicks are not quite up to what I liked. Not a problem with them but they just felt a little too easy to turn for my tastes (Nightforce user). Also, I use mainly Mil/Mil and the adjustments on SIII are MOA.
I think they are a very good value. Mine came from Liberty Optics.
</div></div>

They are releasing a mil/mil version:

http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6&id=167

John

very respectable optics I used my 6 x24 out to 1000 yard regularly.

Very repeatable.

The negatives are no ilumination, lack of choices for reticle (Mil dot /moa etc) and the knob are no were near nightforce knobs.

But overall works extremely well

Looked at a Shot Show video talking about the new 10x50s with a digital button for ill changes. How scared of this would you be, I guess it would be like an EOtech. I guess it would be ok with a lifetime warranty

I chatted with one of their engineers last week and told them they had some catching up to do.
wink.gif

He had just recently looked at his first FFP scope.

John

I have one, 6-24pwr in MD. It's a great scope. Glass is excellent, tracking is DEAD ON. I can put a group together at 100yds, go to 200, 400, 600 and back to 100yds and finish up a group. Also, i have used in 1k yd competitions and it works great. It is excellent. You do lose some light above 20x and it does not hold resale value like a leupi or NF. But for the dollar, one of the best scopes out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIII optics in general are outstanding and underrated. Having said that, I do not understand why Sightron opted for a tradtional MD reticle for the Mil/Mil version and made an MP8 A5 type reticle for the MOA/MOA.

http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6&id=168

Still getting the bugs worked out I guess.

John </div></div>

Man, this is all good stuff. I'm thinking about getting one of these and am getting away from all of my Leupold scopes.

The Leupy's don't cut the mustard compared to my US Optics SN-3 3.2 X 17. Yes, they are cheaper.

I did however look through a Sightron SI "Big Sky" when at the range a few months back.

This person had just purchased it and was very please.

When I looked through it, I thought it was as clear as my ACOG, which is very nice.

Thanks for all the info.

Hopefully the MIL MIL will be out soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sheckie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SIII optics in general are outstanding and underrated. Having said that, I do not understand why Sightron opted for a tradtional MD reticle for the Mil/Mil version and made an MP8 A5 type reticle for the MOA/MOA.

http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6&id=168

Still getting the bugs worked out I guess.

John </div></div>

Man, this is all good stuff. I'm thinking about getting one of these and am getting away from all of my Leupold scopes.

The Leupy's don't cut the mustard compared to my US Optics SN-3 3.2 X 17. Yes, they are cheaper.

I did however look through a Sightron SI "Big Sky" when at the range a few months back.

This person had just purchased it and was very please.

When I looked through it, I thought it was as clear as my ACOG, which is very nice.

Thanks for all the info.

Hopefully the MIL MIL will be out soon. </div></div>

Call Scott @ Liberty Optics. He'll make you smile.

John

The 6.5-24x50 is an excellant tool for the money.
Equal to loopie or better glass.
Flat out better adjustments.
If It craps out on you...you get a new one.
video044.jpg

In the field.
2008pig178.jpg

2008pig077.jpg

At the range.
2008pig050.jpg

dave

I like that, more pictures of mounted SIIIs please.

Dave, what height are your rings/base and how much clearance do you get up front and from the bolt knob?

thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lennyo3034</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like that, more pictures of mounted SIIIs please.

</div></div>

Sightron SIII 10-50x60mm on medium TPS rings

Picture006-7.jpg

Picture002-6.jpg

In case anyone is wondering about when the New 2011 model S3 6-24x50 LR MOA will be released to the public. I just got off the phone with Sightron and the Lady told me the same thing that she told me 1 month ago and that is the scopes will be to their wharehouse in 60 to 90 days.

I need to sit closer to the computer. Sniper's Hide Font makes "cl" look like "d" from far away. Imagine my confusion when Scott was talking about "Mushy clicks".

Very pleased with mine. Just like everyone else says, good glass,spot on tracking, but I would like to have an exposed knobs and stiffer clicks.

I have the 6-24 side focus mildot. I love the optics and everything about the scope. My only gripe is the mildots being huge. But with 100 MOA of internal elevation, you shoudln't have to use them that much unless you are ranging with them. But they do have the new reticles coming out.

I need to make a decision on which one I'm going to put on my savage 10 fcp, Sightron S111 6x24x50, or the Vortex PST 6x24x50 in MOA. the wife finally said go for it, so now i need to figure it out. also been looking at the weaver tactical, and the Bushnell elite series, seems to be alot of good things said about these scopes on this forum, just cant make up my mind.

Basically your decision is glass vs. features (lets assume equal reliability), which one do you value most?

Most of my shooting is done in a relaxed setting at known ranges, so I'm trying to get the best glass for my money.

I'm looking at this too. I want the Viper PST since it offers MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA, zero stop and illumination along with FFP. However, finding any in stock seems to be impossibility. I can wait a month or so if necessary, but would really like to shoot my Milspec 5R sometime soon and have nothing to mount on it currently.
cry.gif

Here is my 5r with a sightron 6x 24 mounted
milspec5r-1.jpg

Here is a five shot group it holds at 100yds
milspec5r.jpg

Can I ask if what rings/base you're using? I'm trying to see if the ones I have are too low.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a five shot group it holds at 100yds
milspec5r.jpg
</div></div>
That's a unnecessarily large target considering the groups you're shooting.
smile.gif

Nice stick!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recce556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmc80</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a five shot group it holds at 100yds
</div></div>
That's a unnecessarily large target considering the groups you're shooting.
smile.gif

Nice stick! </div></div>

LOL how about this instead?
ant.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like mine lots. Now they have only gotten better with the new features. </div></div>

+1 - I really like my 6-24X50 that I purchased last year.

I am actually borrowing a buddy's scope for one of my rifles to get me by until the new Sightrons are out.