• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes sightron slll

windcall

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2014
Delaware County iowa
I ran across an Slll 3.5-10 x44 for sale on a gunlistings ad near my hometown. its a mil/mil scope without turret stops. I have 0 experience with sightron glass. can anyone tell me if this is worth the drive to go look at a used scope, or should I spend 500 bucks on something else? does anybody here own one of these and like/dislike ? any input appreciated. thanks gents

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Forum Fiend v1.1.7.

Sightron SIII are high quality Japanese made scopes with a reputation for very good glass and excellent tracking and repeatability

I had the SIII 5-25x scope and I thought it was the best scope I had seen under $1200. The glass looked better to me than the Vortex PST. I think it would be worth it to you to make the drive and check it out.

I have a Slll 6-24x50 and it is the best glass I have ever owned. It is currently on my Grendel and I am thinking about dumping the Millet on my 5.56 and replacing it with another Sightron.

I recently purchased the SIII 8-32x56 and finally got to test drive it today. Glass is best I have looked through and clicks are very crisp. Very happy with my purchase! Would definitely get another if/when I need another optic.

Glass quality is somewhat subjective. That being said my SIIIs really impressed me and I will look at them again the next time I need optics. I have not had any problems tracking with my couple of SIIIs, and I think the glass is better than the Leupy Mk 4 line (again, subjective).

I have 2 Sightron scopes and they are great, but I find the crosshairs too fine for hunting. Especially on the 3.5-10x44.
I am considering selling it for that reason.

I have the s3 6-24x50lrmoa glass is good tracks well price was right. Only complaint is parallax nob is a lttle tough to turn.

Received my SIII 3.5-10x44 yesterday. Initial impression is good. Glass is clear all the way out to the edges, turret clicks are well marked and audible, they don't feal mushy at all, and the overall size isn't too large. The only negatives I can comment on are the parallax nob is rather stiff (as mrsnorkel99 pointed out). The crosshair is a little fine for hunting (as silhouette stated), but I was able to view houses 500+ yards away in the dimming light of late evening with no problem so I don't think that will be an issue for me. I like that Sightron included a sunshade and scope caps with it. Wish more optics manufactures would do that.

Sightron has a 1-7 that I am looking into. I have the S-III 8-32x56 on a 300RUM that I am more than happy with. The LRMOA reticle gets 2 thumbs up from me.