• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silas Branch Closing...

RSKYBSNS

Psalm 144:1
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2023
Hickory
Just saw a post from Big Ivy Guns that they're closing the Silas Branch Range...
If you've ever been there, you know how awesome the Silas experience is.
1000+ yards... mountain top to mountain top. STEEP angles of fire. The place is beyond amazing for so many reasons. Incredibly unique.
Sad for me considering I shot my first sniper/dmr match there...
Figured I'd post a thread for those of us whom it may "impact"

I hate to see the good ones close their doors...😥
Screenshot_20231023-062044_Facebook.jpg

Just saw a post from Big Ivy Guns that they're closing the Silas Branch Range...
If you've ever been there, you know how awesome the Silas experience is.
1000+ yards... mountain top to mountain top. STEEP angles of fire. The place is beyond amazing for so many reasons. Incredibly unique.
Sad for me considering I shot my first sniper/dmr match there...
Figured I'd post a thread for those of us whom it may "impact"

I hate to see the good ones close their doors...😥View attachment 8255252
Any explanation why?

@308pirate I'm not sure man. That's the question we're all asking. The MD who put on a match I went to there works the range a lot. Said that last week they were having meetings regarding future matches, and now this. Caught him off guard and threw him for a loop too.
Crazy thing is they just dumped a TON of money and time into revamping the facility, installing some pistol bays for regular USPSA matches and all kinds of stuff. The place is an awesome range.
I hope somehow it continues to be a place to shoot, regardless of who owns it or what they wanna call it. You just can't find 1000+ mountain top to mountain top, switching winds and steep angles of fire like that just anywhere.

@Sniperwannabee
That's the prayer we're all hoping for. I just built a whole custom rifle in hopes to play there again. Impact 737 PROOF 26" 6.5cm Manners T4A. Was really wanting to participate in some of the long range/sniper stuff they host...
Crossing our fingers🤞

I’ve shot several matches there and shot some of the Saturday morning “Gnome” matches.
The staff were all fantastic and the range was amazing.
They had put in a bathroom facility, not just porta potties. Had installed a damn helipad in case of emergencies. Had new props/cars/poppers/ every time I was there.
Someone invested a LOT of money on this place.
Like others have said, it was on very steep terrain and just building the road up that mountain and maintain it must have cost a fortune.
I would love to see it open back up.
I’m not sure what else could reasonably be done with land.
I suppose someone could put houses near the bottom but not the top.