• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencer Shop test the Surefire Ryder 22-A

with the push to make 22 cans SS so they can be cleaned with harsh chemicals, how would you clean the all aluminum can? also, why all aluminum and not SS?

Cleaning the Ryder is pretty easy. I have been using MPro7 and a brush. It has type III anodizing so it will hold up. Only took me about 30 or so to clean one up after 4K rounds to see if it could still be taken apart. We did AL because we wanted a super light 22 suppressor. 3.1oz.

have you done a comparison with the sparrow and spectre 2?
Completely spit-balling here, but I'd expect the Ryder 22A to be noticeably louder than the Spectre/Sparrow just due to the differences in internal volume (the Ryder is pretty damn small). I'm sure that there are gains to be had with the modified K-baffles (over monocore or more conventional K-baffles), but if I were a betting man, I'd be willing to put money on the concept that there's only so much that baffle design can do before you need more internal volume in order to get the suppression levels up (down?).

Of course, as always, I retain the right to be wrong.

I own a Sparrow and shot the Sf Ryder at a dealer demo, thought the Ryder was quieter and does not have a first round pop unlike my Sparrow. Love the Sparrow, but if only wanting to shoot 22LR wouldn't hesitate to buy the Surefire.

[MENTION=95249]Gar[/MENTION]in -

Any chance 17HMR has been tested through this?

We have not tested 17 HMR on it. We are going to going to testing a stainless version with it pretty soon.

Last edited:
you guys are releasing a SS version of the ryder?

Last edited: