• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Silencerco Osprey????

Re: Silencerco Osprey????

They are pretty bad ass.

If AAC would come out with the blackbox then if would have some larger competition, as of right now the Osprey is the only one that keeps the similar design of a 1911 slide.

You may also want to look into the AAC TiRant as well ... it is an excellent can as well.

Shot one of the preproduction models, it is supposedly a little quieter now. I will eventually order this can if I didn't have so many other projects ahead of it. It's totally hearing safe dry, the noise didn't bother me one bit.

Atomic Lab Rats video of the 45 Osprey. I start shooting about 45 seconds into it and we run it against a 9mm Trident and the AAC EVO 45. No metering that day as it was late and was a impromptu shoot when Josh, the owner of Silencerco was in town visiting his inlaws. You can definitely hear the difference between the EVO 45 and the Silencerco Osprey 45. All cans were dry in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JhZHIfXrX4

I was lucky enough to get a invite to a demo here in Dallas, Josh brought his toys for us to play with, the 22 sparrow can is simply bad ass, then we shot side by side a Osprey and a HEMS2, on USP45t's, let's just say I no longer want a HEMS2.

I just read a great writeup on the Osprey in the latest issue of Combat Handguns. Looks like a winner to me.

waiting for some more test results. but in 45 it looks like a hell of a can.

I wish some one could show us ore tell us what the baffles look like

i may be looking to get one as well., i have a tirant 45 on wait and its taken forever.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TORQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i may be looking to get one as well., i have a tirant 45 on wait and its taken forever. </div></div>

So order another can so it will come in before another? That makes a whole lot of sense.

I'm very interested in all new baffle types.. I only know it's a monolithic suppressor, I think I'll go see them next week and see for my self

So your saying the new 9s and 45 from silencerco are the same baffles as the sparrow???
I really don't think so.. if they will let me I'll post some photos after I meet with them

Ive got a 45 and 40 on order. I hear only good things about them from my Class 3 guy. He said the 9 is impressive but I think the TiRant 9 is far beyond anyone else in suppression. My 1911 in 9mm wears the TiRant and as the shooter all I can hear is the slide racking and the wood being hit that holds up the targets....

TiRant in 9mm gets my vote....
Will compare when the Osprey's get approved!

I've heard both the Tirant and the Osprey side by side... either one will serve you well. Just heard them a few days ago.
smile.gif

I shot the 9mm and .45 Osprey cans at Silencer Co. a few weeks back. I was very impressed with both. I shot the .45 Osprey side by side with an AAC Evolution. The Evolution didn't come close to comparing with the Osprey. I have an SWR HEMS II and the Osprey is for sure quieter than the HEMS.

My cousin was out there recently and he shot both the .45 cal Osprey and the 9mm Osprey on a 9mm pistol. He told me that the .45 Osprey was quieter on the 9mm pistol than the dedicated 9mm Osprey suppressor.

I was very impressed the the folks at Silencerco and will be placing an order for a .45 Osprey this year.