• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Silencerco Saker 7.62 Reviews?

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
Anyone have a review? How is shift? Repeatable? They don't make a brake, flash hider only - right?

TIA

I can only answer one of those questions......yes they do have a brake attachment available. I've handled one a bit, but haven't tested one out as far as repeatability and such.

Bump it back up, gonna buy a Saker762 this week. Wondering about accuracy/repeatibility on precision rifles or if I'll be relegated to using this on SBR's.

Anybody have one cleared yet?

What I am interested in, re: Saker 7.62, is sound/suppression level testing (especially compared to other cans in the same market niche). I have only found one metered sound test video for it, but it was the only can fired so there was no way to see how it stacks up relative to anything else (other than unsuppressed).

I am much more interested in shift / accuracy / flash info than attenuation.

I will be shooting one at the range this weekend at 300 yds on a 308 AR gas gun (Mega MKM - w/ 18in barrel). I will let you know how it goes.

Fitment seems to be spot on with the Saker556. I'm no expert, but Silencerco's advertisement is that the friction mount is supposed to be better than the tooth mount. IMO i'm scared every first shot with it on there, that it will go flying down range, but that has never happened. It is on there tight and there is absolutely no play.

Currently I am using the MAAD Saker/Trifecta mount. It goes on the Saker MB on the gun. I have a AAC 51T and a direct thread mount that I will be testing eventually as well. I don't have any fancy sound or flash detecting equipment so I can't/won't be able to give you anything on that.

I'm actually talking form 3. A lot of it has to do with Saker availability.

I'm actually talking form 3. A lot of it has to do with Saker availability.

Silencer Shop has over 100 in stock right now.

Just be careful. In my particular situation I bought a couple suppressors from a local dealer. I put 50% down. He then placed an order through his wholesaler. He got the serial numbers and we filed the paperwork with the ATF. Long story short 8 months go by and I get a check back from the ATF for my tax stamps. It turns out the dealer kept my money and 40 others and never paid his wholesaler for his orders.

He is now facing felony charges, but I lost 24 months of waiting and $1,800 bucks I will most likely never get back.

This was my first NFA purchase before I knew better. Now I never buy cans unless they are in stock with my local dealers, or I order through silencer shop.

I'm going to take the plunge and get one. I like my aac cans but this one has win all over it.

I have test fired one on my sbr but mine is still pending approval. Once I get it will will do some testing.

I personally have two AAC SDN-6s and the Saker 762 blows them out of the water (I say this with minimal sound testing).

1. No 51t wobble issues
2. The modularity of the MAAD mount, I can swap to barrels I already have AAC mounts on in 5 min

How would the saker do on a precision bolt gun? Seems most have them on semi auto platforms. I'm looking at either the saker or specwar to pull double duty on my bolt gun and ar

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

So does that extra feature make it less repeatable? Since the specwar is one piece would it be a better choice because of less moving parts?

If that makes sense.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

It definitely makes sense.

Two thoughts on that:
1. Why not put a saker MB on your long gun to not have to swap mounts on the can. With that you can be repeatable.

2. If you are going to swap MAAD mounts, consistent swapping might keep things repeatable. Unsure on that. I'll add that to the list of things to test. Swapping from direct thread to trifecta and back to look at poi shift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked one up a few weeks ago on silencershop...can't wait. They said lately it has been one of their most popular 7.62 cans. As a side note, with the 5.56 end cap it actually metered lowed than the saker 5.56. Seems like a pretty versatile can.

I am much more interested in shift / accuracy / flash info than attenuation.

+1, interested in shift/accuracy. Attenuation is reported to be excellent, and the fact the saker is auto rated makes it a plus. But I want to know how it will work on a precision rifle.

Also interested in seeing how accurate it is. Better choice than a Specwar for 30cal and 26cal precision AR's?

Any more news about the saker 7.62 and accuracy/repeatability ? intend to use on 308 precision rifle and 5.56 AR as well.

I would have had a solid range report from last weekend but my buddy, who wanted to plink with it using his AR while I was doing a ladder test got his muzzle brake stuck in it. He had installed the brake himself and did not torque it to spec. Used and adjustable wrench.

Easy fix in the vice once home but it ended the day for the can real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a thread back in which SilencercoJames stated he had been shooting matches with his I believe, but a few more testimonies would be great.

I don't have any solid repeatability data but in the instances where I have shot 20+ rounds on the 7.62 gas gun(with Jp adjustable gas block) I have had the saker get stuck on the ad muzzle brake. It is easily removed with a few strikes from a mallet. It reminds me of how a socom or fa556 gets stuck sometimes after heavy carbon buildup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk