• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors SilencerCo vs Dead Air after purchase support ?

ThrowLead

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2019
First, I am new here and new to the suppressor scene. Looks like you guys have a great forum here!

I have done my fair of reading while thinking on my first can and I think my choice is down to the Omega 300 and the Nomad.
I would like to use the can on a dear rifle in 30.06, and also use it on the AR 5.56 / 300blk. for yote hunting.

I have read great things about SilencerCO as far as their warranty and customer support, how does DA compare in this department.

PS, if you have any other tops for the first time can buyer please include that also!

DA is great from a customer support perspective. See my thread about the Sandman S POI shift. DA has an office in Utah so I was able to meet with Mike Pappas and his guys in person. A great bunch of guys and great support.

Thanks for the info, I TBAC in this also as the Ultra 7 would be a great can also. Just need to pick one!!!!

Either one would be fine. Both can he direct thread which may be beneficial for you on a hunting rig and both have the universal rear thread pitch to utilize others mounts if you choose. Both are around the same price also. Since they're both about the same money, I'd probably give the nod to the nomad simply cause it's tubeless. The Omega outer tubes has been known to unscrew. But that's an easy fix with rocksett

I have had very good experiences with both companies customer service. I have 2 SilencerCO suppressors and 2 Dead Air suppressors. I have had a baffle strike on one of each suppressors. Both were my fault and did not have it on properly. Both companies answered the phone and immediately got me RMA numbers and said they would fix it, no questions asked. Both companies had the suppressor fixed and back to me within 2 weeks.

I can't really quantify my feelings, but I have a better feeling about the Dead Air stuff and service.

I have had very good experiences with both companies customer service. I have 2 SilencerCO suppressors and 2 Dead Air suppressors. I have had a baffle strike on one of each suppressors. Both were my fault and did not have it on properly. Both companies answered the phone and immediately got me RMA numbers and said they would fix it, no questions asked. Both companies had the suppressor fixed and back to me within 2 weeks.

I can't really quantify my feelings, but I have a better feeling about the Dead Air stuff and service.

Thanks for the input, awesome to hear seeing as I just moved forward on Nomad 30. Now the wait. Damn.

Reactions: Gtscotty and Luvman
Awesome. I’ve heard good reviews of the nomad. I’m sure you will be happy with it. Yeah, the wait sucks.

Sico has great support. I had an end cap strike in my Omega a while back. Sent them an email, they sent me a shipping label. I sent in the damaged end cap and was promptly sent a replacement, no charge. Haven't had any issues other than that, but it was handled very smoothly and quickly.

Just got my sico specear 762 back from warranty. Purchased this can back in 2015 so it had some wear and older features. Had problems with the suppressor coming loose while shooting. Emailed sico about it and they helped trouble shoot which was a good temp fix. Then to make sure we checked every possible problem that could cause it they sent me a new asr mount. New asr mount and still the problem persisted. Updated them on the ongoing problem and they gave me an rma for warranty service. 3 weeks after sending the suppressor in i receive the can. Upon opening the box and looking at the warranty invoice and suppressor i noticed the can was refinished, a new updated asr mechanism was welded on, new end plate, and new baffles installed and welded. All i can say is wow! Sico went above and beyond for my warranty. I was only expecting just for sico to change the retention spring in the asr. I pretty much have a brand new suppressor with a solid lockup on the mounting point now. Could not be happier.

They are both great companies that provide good products and support. I've used both mostly for questions, not actual issues with the cans, but they both answered the phone and got back to emails.

Reactions: jb41291
As others have written, Both are excellent companies, fantastic products and Tier 1 customer service.

That being said the Omega with Direct Thread has zero impact shift. A friend shot a 5rd cloverleaf at 600 Yards with out the can, then shot another string....no POIS

POIS from my own experience has varied based on the rifle and how it's configured...barrel profile, barrel length, caliber, all seem to play a part.

TBAC has responded extremely fast to any emails I have sent.

SiCo has been quick to respond in the in the past but has not picked up the phone recently or answered any emails I sent them 2 weeks ago... I suggest trying to call them before committing to an Omega. I get a weird dial tone and no answer...

No experience with DA.