• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Silencershop reviewing trust docs?

DrDrillgood

Open your mouth
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2019
Las Vegas
I've seen all the (discouraging) info on the ATF wait times, but does anyone have any feedback on using Silencershop and how long they take to get the paperwork in order on their end? This is my first NFA item purchase, and I'm using a trust I had drawn up by a local attorney of good reputation in the area of NFA trusts. It's been well over a week since submitting all my required info, fingerprints through one of their kiosks, and uploading my trust documentation. My order status says "Form 4: awaiting review." When I check the details of my registration information it indicates that my trust documentation is "awaiting review by our trust department."

When I emailed silencershop about it a week ago, I got a very nonspecific "Your order is queued for review by our trust department." and that when finished I will receive an email with the form 4 for me to digitally sign. There was no indication on how long I can expect this to take. I emailed again for an update, but does anyone have any first hand experience here using a trust for the first time through Silencershop? How long did they take to get through their review of your information before submitting your form 4?

I'm prepared for the agonizing wait on the ATFs end. But I'd like to not exacerbate that any by delays on my or Silencershops end if possible.

Thanks

It took a month for my form 3 to be approved for transfer to my dealer. Ordered my turbo k on 9/24/19 approved form 3 for transfer on 10/21/19

All my dealings with Silencershop has been thru a trust. NFA is about patience, it's going to take a while. Your NFA item will arrive when you least expect it some time in the future. Trust has been taking longer than individual form 4. I still have an Ultra in jail since February.
Only law abiding firearm owners tolerate this NFA wait time, Imagine if they did this for luxury ladies handbags.

Reactions: TACC
Not trying to rush them. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect since I’ve never gone through this process before.

Reactions: THEIS
It took a month for my form 3 to be approved for transfer to my dealer. Ordered my turbo k on 9/24/19 approved form 3 for transfer on 10/21/19

That makes no sense, someone screwed up. Where was it going from/to? All mine have been taking almost exactly 24 hrs. Occasionally a Wednesday(ATF maintenance day) or a weekend will add a day or two.

Not trying to rush them. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect since I’ve never gone through this process before.

They work pretty fast. I’d expect Docusign emails any time now.

That makes no sense, someone screwed up. Where was it going from/to? All mine have been taking almost exactly 24 hrs. Occasionally a Wednesday(ATF maintenance day) or a weekend will add a day or two.

Yeah i didn't think it would take that long either. I was a little shocked. Hoping i'm part of the 3 month crowd

Thanks guys. They responded to me that it takes about 4-5 business days to review docs. I let them know it was already a bit longer than that, and then I got the docusign emails later that evening.

So either the timing was coincidence, or they looked into it and made sure it got done quick.

I have nothing but great things to say about silencershop. I called them 5 times today about various trust info and kiosk questions before I went to kiosk. I then proceeded to closest kiosk, it worked AMAZINGLY WELL and then immediately called before leaving and they verified all my prints and info were registered then ordered a set of prints over the phone to be sent in with a form 1. I spoke with Jordan mostly and Jim once ....stellar customer service!

So if you have done fingerprints through the kiosk, you can order a set from them? Because I've been thinking about doing a form 1 and building a supressor myself while I wait for my Radiant, Ti-Rant 45m, and Prodigy. :oops:

I have nothing but great things to say about silencershop. I called them 5 times today about various trust info and kiosk questions before I went to kiosk. I then proceeded to closest kiosk, it worked AMAZINGLY WELL and then immediately called before leaving and they verified all my prints and info were registered then ordered a set of prints over the phone to be sent in with a form 1. I spoke with Jordan mostly and Jim once ....stellar customer service!

Had essentially the exact same experience in the last day., they were very easy to contact and helpful on the phone to ensure I was doing things correctly (first NFA purchase)..although I wasn't thrilled to learn I literally waited 24 hours too long to purchase as they started charging state sales tax yesterday at 8AM apparently. That was a $36 dollar mistake.

So if you have done fingerprints through the kiosk, you can order a set from them? Because I've been thinking about doing a form 1 and building a supressor myself while I wait for my Radiant, Ti-Rant 45m, and Prodigy. :oops:
The atf will mail you blank cards for free to do your own.

The atf will mail you blank cards for free to do your own.

Yeah I know. I just want to avoid the hassle of going and getting fingerprinted. I was wondering if SilencerShop will give me (or sell me) a printed version of the digital prints that qualifies for ATF purposes.

Purchased 11/23
SS sent trust to sign 11/27
Trust generated 12/3
Check cashed 12/22

You can fingerprint yourself. That’s literally the way of least hassle.

Ah. I didn’t know you could do that. I thought if you had the ATF cards you had to get fingerprinted by LE.

I guess I’d still be worried about screwing up the prints. At least at the kiosk it walks you through and let’s you know if the prints are decent enough. I spose it isn’t rocket surgery though.

Ah. I didn’t know you could do that. I thought if you had the ATF cards you had to get fingerprinted by LE.

I guess I’d still be worried about screwing up the prints. At least at the kiosk it walks you through and let’s you know if the prints are decent enough. I spose it isn’t rocket surgery though.

Kiosk is user friendly. While you're doing your prints on the kiosk it immediately tells the the quality and gives you option to rescan. The levels I saw were: poor,good and very good. Some it was easy to immediately get a "good" and I tried to get "very goods".....only had some success. Some scans it was tough to get beyond "poor" quality and into "good." I kept scanning until all were good or very good.

I'm sure rolling your own is easy. I just have a lot going on right now so driving to kiosk, following prompts, and then ordering prints over phone was super easy.

And yes...the prints come printed on the correctly labeled ATF form

It's $15 for a set of 2 prints (you need 2 on form 1's for sure)

I've seen all the (discouraging) info on the ATF wait times, but does anyone have any feedback on using Silencershop and how long they take to get the paperwork in order on their end? This is my first NFA item purchase, and I'm using a trust I had drawn up by a local attorney of good reputation in the area of NFA trusts. It's been well over a week since submitting all my required info, fingerprints through one of their kiosks, and uploading my trust documentation. My order status says "Form 4: awaiting review." When I check the details of my registration information it indicates that my trust documentation is "awaiting review by our trust department."

When I emailed silencershop about it a week ago, I got a very nonspecific "Your order is queued for review by our trust department." and that when finished I will receive an email with the form 4 for me to digitally sign. There was no indication on how long I can expect this to take. I emailed again for an update, but does anyone have any first hand experience here using a trust for the first time through Silencershop? How long did they take to get through their review of your information before submitting your form 4?

I'm prepared for the agonizing wait on the ATFs end. But I'd like to not exacerbate that any by delays on my or Silencershops end if possible.

Thanks

Hi DrDrillgood,

We hope the process has been smooth for you as it's been a few months now. If you'd like us to look anything up, please DM us your information (order number or email used) and we'll see what we are able to find on our end. We target for a 10 day turnaround for our customers. There are many variables that cause us to not be able to give exact timelines on how long a process takes, but we hope yours was speedy!