• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silent Auction

Icecreamman

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So I went to a carnival today with my brother and sister (Something we do every year) and we play games and my brother and I do a silent auction. Well this year for some reason there was an ammo can and we couldn't open it. So I put $20 down on it and won it! When I went to go pick it up I popped the lid open and there were 47 boxes of Wolf 7.62x39. Now was this really have been on a church carnival? I bet some old lady's husband died and she had no clue what to do with it so gave it to the church for the carnival. So now I have 940 rounds of 7.62x39 for only $20 and an ammo can!

Re: Silent Auction

Why not? The majority of my church congregation are hunters. Is there a problem with that?

Short of quoting scripture, but there are many that are positive. Put your jacket up for sale.

Use to be the norm, just society slowly brainwashing us to think that it is wrong.

I took my Hunters Ed course from the local pastor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Icecreamman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I was wondering if everyone else thinks that was an okay thing to have at a church event? </div></div>

Why the HELL not?!?!
wink.gif

Seriously, I have been involved in numerous church raffles/yard sales/etc. over the years and the simple fact (at least around this neck of the woods) is that churches are almost expected to have some sort of hunting/shooting/fishing equipment for sale/bid at these events and those are often some of the more desired items that raise a good bit of money for mission trips, community outreach, etc. I can also guarantee you that you wouldn't have gotten that deal had it been at one of our auctions/raffles because it would have been opened and priced accordingly (still would have been a deal, but not <$0.03 per round!
wink.gif
Nice snag INDEED! Now go buy a good 7.62 AK and have at it!!

Seems to me that this is proof that there is a God and he wants you to be happy ( or armed... I always get those confused)