• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silly question about Accuracy International rifles and MPA Chassis.

MPA should adapt this chassis to the Sako 85 III/308 action.
This action accepts AIAW mags without any modifications.
60 deg bolt lift.
The Sako 85 action is light weight and more durable than Tikka T3. It has CRF, Sako extractor :) , mechanical ejector and the bolt stop do not "work on" the locking surface on the locking lug.
Faster locktime than T3
It's easy to top off the mag through the ejection port.
Near make excellent picrails that sit rock solid IN the scope rails.

The Sako 85 is a "cheap" and readily available action needing no mods for this application.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawofsavage
yes gilly even if lri inlet it you'd still have a bottom metal issue

dthomas i haven't had any feeding issues or malfunctions of any kind since i pulled mine out of the AT chassis 2 years ago and i've shot a lot of matches with it

I assume bottom metal would probably be a one off custom peice for a MCS/MCM?

I assume bottom metal would probably be a one off custom peice for a MCS/MCM?

M5 DBMs are wide enough to accept AW mags but I would think a custom height mag latch and action screw spacing would need to be adjusted.

Reactions: PBWalsh
M5 DBMs are wide enough to accept AW mags but I would think a custom height mag latch and action screw spacing would need to be adjusted.

That's what I though at first but if you look at the pictures above, it looks like the AI has 4 action screws and the rear screws are on either side of the trigger. I could see that as a big challenge with a conventional stock as you might not have enough material on either side of the trigger to install a pillar without things getting too thin.

On second thought, with a manners mini chassis it could be done maybe??

View attachment 6956939

Reactions: RyanM
That's what I though at first but if you look at the pictures above, it looks like the AI has 4 action screws and the rear screws are on either side of the trigger. I could see that as a big challenge with a conventional stock as you might not have enough material on either side of the trigger to install a pillar without things getting too thin.

On second thought, with a manners mini chassis it could be done maybe??

View attachment 6956939

It looks like that would have to be one wide bottom metal - things would have to be awfully thin on the side.

Is there a requirement to bed the actions to the new MPA chassis?

@tennturk didn't but another @Outlaw1 said he did.

We have two of these stocks coming shortly for our AT's.

Is there a requirement to bed the actions to the new MPA chassis?

@tennturk didn't but another @Outlaw1 said he did.

We have two of these stocks coming shortly for our AT's.

It's not a requirement.

I just do it to ensure there are no chance to have issues. Also, you may ask them to verify the clearance for the safety. I had to relieve a substantial amount of material and some people would be unhappy to ruin the ceracote.

Reactions: 96C
You may ask them to verify the clearance for the safety. I had to relieve a substantial amount of material.

Do you have any photos of your work?
I have a dremel tool, not overly opposed to cut some meat out... It should be something they have rectified by now you'd hope.
Am aware of the trigger hanger modifications from @tennturk above.

Reactions: tennturk
Do you have any photos of your work?
I have a dremel tool, not overly opposed to cut some meat out... It should be something they have rectified by now you'd hope.
Am aware of the trigger hanger modifications from @tennturk above.

For the first few weeks I didn't notice it, I doubt they're aware of it.

What kind of fuckery is this, and how did you manage that? I'm stuck with AW mags, and wouldn't mind having at least one capable of holding 12-14 rounds...

Most AW mags will hold 11.

Last edited:
For the first few weeks I didn't notice it, I doubt they're aware of it.

Most AW mags will hold 11.

I cut the bottom off, trimmed the ends and bent wings into the sides. Some of the extended bases won't work with the AW follower, some will. Mine will hold 14 and cycle reliably.

All of mine will hold 11, but the first round is stubborn when I cram 11 into the mag. What extension are you using that worked with the follower?

Why???? Because I love the features and stoutness of the AI actions, but the ergonomics of the AT chassis don’t really lend itself to a “great” match rifle. Now it’s a bombproof race rifle that has people scratching their head when they see it in person. I really do enjoy the shock value when I tell them that it’s an AI. The AW mags continue to run absolutely perfect, zero hiccups. In the video I’m pushing down on the rifle. The pic is with the MPA on top of the AT chassis. They’re lined up on the quick change barrel screw holes. The MPA is not adjusted higher for the photo. You can perfectly see the profile differences between the two. I really can’t explain how much better the MPA handles and balances on props.

View attachment 6957430

Please can you post some more photos of the complete rifle. I’m on the fence to do this right now and more info would be appreciated

Kinda along the same topic
I currently have a MPA BA and also an AIAX chassis. I have been running my 7005R in the MPA but was planning to move that to an A5 which leaves the MPA & AIAX for the my TL3.

Does anyone have any opinions that have ran both styles that could help me decide on which one I might be happier with?

Kinda along the same topic
I currently have a MPA BA and also an AIAX chassis. I have been running my 7005R in the MPA but was planning to move that to an A5 which leaves the MPA & AIAX for the my TL3.

Does anyone have any opinions that have ran both styles that could help me decide on which one I might be happier with?

For me, it would depend on which grip better fits your hand. The AI is basically an “either it fits or it doesn’t” and the mpa is swappable A2 style.

Then there is the butt stock differences. Whichever you feel is more comfortable.

And then the forearm difference. Mpa is flat back to the magwell and the AX has the “hump” at the magwell.

So, it’s hard to guess which one you’ll like better. Drop the TL3 in both and go back in forth for a couple hours on barricades or stuff in your house.

Whichever your first instinct is, that’s probably the right one.

Reactions: Throwinsparks
Man, they're making chassis for an AI but not for Howa 1500 minis which are actually sold just the barreled actions alone... :cry::cry:

Also, I'd probably buy one if they inletted m70s...

I sure wish you could just buy an ai action. I’d do this for sure but I can’t justify 4K to throw half of it away lol

I sure wish you could just buy an ai action. I’d do this for sure but I can’t justify 4K to throw half of it away lol
How about 6k plus hundreds of hours of design time plus prototype costs LOL

6A08891E-8D39-48FD-B607-D21A1E728075.jpeg
165E8F3B-3FB6-4CA7-BE5A-0E6DB9F29058.jpeg
5A83F2D5-ACD4-4FF5-A1ED-32CE9B1869F0.jpeg

I have the BA Comp chassis.... with 2 rear weight and one front weight installed and a 27” heavy varmint 6.5x47L barrel screwed on (6BR is on the way). Fully loaded right now it’s at 25lbs. I’ll weigh the AT chassis when I get home.
Tennturk knows his shit.