• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

silver jacketed scenars and Varget... any ideas?

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
Anyone shooting silver jacketed scenars and varget?

Im just looking for a starting load somewhere. Ive got some VV540 as well and can get data on it but it seems I cant find any data on the silver jacketed scenars with Varget.

Re: silver jacketed scenars and Varget... any ideas?

44-47 grains, CCI 250 Magnum primers. Any data for 155 SMKs will work fine. Good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">44-47 grains, CCI 250 Magnum primers. Any data for 155 SMKs will work fine. Good shooting. </div></div>

What is better 44 or 47?

Do you really want to play? Y M C A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9OO0S5w2k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rootsmanslim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is better 44 or 47?
</div></div>

If you're serious about asking this question, I would suggest you read up on reloading a bit more before putting together any loads.

Better for me might not be better for you. Reloading is a safety concern and understanding the basics will keep you from blowing your gun up and harming yourself or others. I'd recommend starting by reading the Speer manual and going from there.

BTW to the OP, Mr. Humble is right on the money (assuming a 155gr silver scenar). 44gr to start and then work up.

Re: silver jacketed scenars and Varget... any idea

I started at 45 with the regular 155 Scenars and hit the jackpot around 46.8 to 47.1 outta a 20"bbl. Here is a great site for all your charge questions:

Practical Riflery Forum

Re: silver jacketed scenars and Varget... any idea

OAL 2.920
read one more time
OAL 2.920

moly skinny
47.8 vargay