• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silver State Armory Ammo Factory Relocating to WA

modernarms

Private
Minuteman
May 8, 2009
www.ssarmory.com
<span style="font-size: 11pt">PRESS RELEASE: 8/21/2009 Silver State Armory factory relocating from Pahrump Nevada to Packwood Washington late September 2009.

Here are a few details about the factory move:

* The current location for the factory is not suitable for expansion. We are moving from current 8000 sqft in NV to temporary 8000 sqft building while a new 12,000 sqft building is under construction. We will have a total of 20,000 sqft in 8-10 months enabling us to expand factory operations.
* The new facilities will be D.O.D. compliant, enabling us to manufacture ammunition for government contracts.
* We are currently operating with only one shift. We will expand to 2 shifts and then 3 shifts in order to meet the growing demand for SSA products in the 5.56, 6.8SPC and 7.62x51 calibers.
* Lewis County Washington Economic Development Council has been instrumental in making this move possible. Lewis County has been very supportive of the move, supports the 2nd amendment and has many active hunting communities throughout the county. We would like to express our gratitude to Lewis County for their fervent support of our business and the industry in general.
* Packwood Washington is located directly south of Mt Rainier and northeast of Mt St Helen's. There is a large Elk herd in the vicinity of Packwood Washington.
* The new 12,000 sqft building will also have an underground range that will enable us to perform ballistics testing on a regular basis.
* There are a few employees that will be relocating from NV to WA and then we will be hiring machine operators, machinists and quality inspectors at the new facility. We hope to employ upwards of 40 people within 2 years.
* We have been ramping up production over the last few months in order to build up our brass inventory in advance of the move. The loading operations will be the first to move to WA State in order to maintain our delivery schedules.
* Once we get firmly established in WA (6 months), we would like to have a Sniper's Hide member to head up a sportsman's club to meet at the factory on a regular basis. We hope that by establishing a club on-site, we can keep the Sniper's Hide community better informed with information and technical support about our products and the related issues that you have with your rifles and equipment. If you are located in WA, have an in-depth knowledge of ballistics and have some experience with public relations, you might be interested in heading this up. There will be benefits, if you know what I mean.
* If you have any questions about the factory move, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them. thanks! </span>

packwood_map.jpg

Re: Silver State Armory Ammo Factory Relocating to WA

Will you still be called Silver State Armory or should i keep an eye out for deals on the new Evergreen State Armory 5.56 ammo? Im only kidding, good luck on the move.

~2ND

Re: Silver State Armory Ammo Factory Relocating to WA

Great area up there! Have hunted the Rimrock area and have a couple really close friends that have vacation homes just east of the ski area (white pass). I'm just a couple hours from your new store. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help get the word out for you. I'm a Deputy in Thurston Co...just above Lewis Co. let me know!!
Malcolm