• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Simple and wicked accurate

jeff123

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2007
northeast
Simple and Accurate like the title states. Trigger work done by Bill Springfield, Ergo target grip, S.S.A.L.T mount with a Nikon Monarch 5x20x42. Currently 2.5 inch at 500 yards(5 shot groups).

102_0270.jpg

Re: Simple and wicked accurate

Scope sits nice on the AR platform. Seen em a lot higher on some its all preference

+ 1 a guy could get his head shot off by a sniper whenever he turkey necks his head all the way up to that scope!

I have close to the same set up. I have a 1 peice Warne Tactical Mount for my Burris XTR 3-12, no issues. What bullet weight and type are you using?

good shooting. What kinda ammo are you running? Like the others said, scope is a bit high for my liking but if it's comfortable for you, I'd stick with it.

How is Bill's work? I just sent my lower in for some trigger work. What did Bill set your trigger pull at?

Im using 175SMK Federal Gold Metal Match. As far as Bill's work goes it is exceptional. I love the work he did on my trigger and set a very crisp no creep 3lb's. Any lighter and your taking chance with that heavy 308 bolt.

I just found out my LR308 likes 175gr. This whole time I've been trying to shoot 168gr. I've bought so many brands trying to find one it likes, as soon as I tried a box of 175s, the groups got so much tighter. I too wanted a 3lb pull. It looks like he just received it today. I talked to him over the phone, seems like a good guy. Did you just send in the trigger group? or whole lower? What trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlxcupid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did you just send in the trigger group? or whole lower? What trigger? </div></div>

You just send him the trigger group.

Nice piece have similar set up and loves 175 gr. except For the break i have. Shoot outstanding as well. I do not take pics of groups but guess i will next month as I need some to show how accurate my BA-50 is. Again nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iamsniper1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scope sits nice on the AR platform. Seen em a lot higher on some its all preference </div></div>

I thought it was about cheek weld?

i like my setup and it works great for me, I'm not gonna change it. Now on my bolt rifles i liek the scope low as i can get em. Just prefrence.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">pics of those groups? </div></div>

Yeah,lets see 5 5 shot groups.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tbag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlxcupid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Did you just send in the trigger group? or whole lower? What trigger? </div></div>

You just send him the trigger group.</div></div>

I talked to him several times, he wanted me to send in the whole lower. It's probably because I've got a JP trigger and he wanted the whole thing just to be on the safe side.