• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Simple diet

pfmedic

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2011
Southwest USA
I may be a noob but Im an expert at eating clean and working out... so I will put myself to good use.

If you're like me you want to keep it simple, follow a simple plan, and get results. We all know in order to get lean and mean you need to "eat clean" and lift hard. Here is a simple recipe that you can follow and if you eat it at least 80% of the time AND WORK OUT HARD... you're gonna be where you want to be.

Human dog food recipe THIS IS NOT FOR FAIRIES so MAN UP PEOPLE:

What you need:

--5 pounds of ground turkey (or lean ground beef 7 % fat whatever)

--1 - 26.5oz can of Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce (use small 15oz can instead and cut sodium by almost half)

--3 packets Uncle Bens instend microwaveable rice (I do'nt care which FLAVOR you use, southwest, vegetable, whatever, but it HAS TO BE WHOLE GRAIN BROWN RICE

Lets get cookin!:

First, put all the meat in a large bowl and mash it up with your hands like you are mixing dough. Nothing sucks as much as ground beef that cooks up in the little strings that it came out of the grinder. How lazy!! Next, cook meat on high heat in large pot (not a pan, you need the high sides to stir the hell out of it). Stir vigorously (the more you stir the more the meat breaks up, (this is how you get that taco bell consistency we all love ha ha). When its cooked through, add manwich sloppy Joe mix. Stir it all in. Next, add Uncle bend instant microwaveable rice (whole grain, preferably the vegetable harvest) 3 packets, be sure to cook it for 90 seconds each in the microwave first (Im not sure why but it makes a difference) Throw into the pot, stir and serve,

Thats it. Also try and eat every 2 hours and it will keep your metabolism up. Take it with you and throw two fist-sized scoops into a bowl and put it into the microwave. DO NOT throw cheese, sour cream or anything else on top that has fat in it or I will be very mad at you. The end.

Also I would like to add that if you can't find lean ground anything in your neck of the woods, cook up the meat, put it into a pasta strainer and use your sinks vegetable sprayer with hot water to wash off the beef, and enjoy watching the fat go down the drain. You can then feel free to marvel at your intelligence and take pride in the money you saved by buying the cheap fatty ground beef at the store.
smile.gif

Re: Simple diet

Venison and/or bison are both healthy alternatives to the "bad" red meat - beef.

I like the idea; it's simple, but will get the job done (I would guess that this recipe has the following nutrional ratios of fat-to-carbs-to-protein: 1:2:4).

If you have a relatively hactic schedule like I do (you're always on the go), you can supplement your regular diet with legumes (peanuts, almonds, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, etc.).

+1 for this diet and eating every 2 hours.

That sounds good to me........

'Course, I've been eating just chicken, tuna, and veggies for some time now. SO darn near any flavor sounds good...lol

If you have dieted for any excessive amount of time or have bulked up for any amount of time.... You will get sick as hell of eating the same shit every day for every meal.... A better diet / bulking program would consist of variety in order to increase the % chance of people sticking to it. .... Just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff 03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have dieted for any excessive amount of time or have bulked up for any amount of time.... You will get sick as hell of eating the same shit every day for every meal.... A better diet / bulking program would consist of variety in order to increase the % chance of people sticking to it. .... Just my .02 </div></div>

+1 I couldnt handle anymore boiled chicken after about two weeks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: irishshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
+1 I couldnt handle anymore boiled chicken after about two weeks</div></div>

why were you boiling your chicken??

Look, there are MANY (and I stress the word "many") different recipes out there that you can use to "bulk up" on. It's just a matter of inding them (or making them yourself. You know what you can and can't have)

Get creative.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeff 03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you have dieted for any excessive amount of time or have bulked up for any amount of time.... You will get sick as hell of eating the same shit every day for every meal.... A better diet / bulking program would consist of variety in order to increase the % chance of people sticking to it. .... Just my .02 </div></div>

-1 for being a hater.

dont believe the hype on red meat being 'bad.'
grass finished beef is the way to go.
i got 60 pounds min. in the freezer at all times

I'm not arguing about the benefits of grass-fed beef. All I'm saying is that venison and bison are better for you, in general (lower animal fat content).

"That's all I'm trying to say, that's all..."
-Brian Regan

no doubt....
however there are many schools (paleo/weston a price, etc) that dont buy the saturated/animal fats propaganda. i tend to side with them.

but i am a big believer in eating wild game of all sorts and pastured animals

...and I'm the kind of person that could eat baked chicken breast and brown rice till the day that I die.

However, variety does help you to stay the course...

Ive used somthing similar to the recipe above just mixing browned ground meat with brown rice making sort of a dirty rice dish (though i keep then seperat and weigh out each meal accordingly so i know whats in each one)

I much perfer sweet potatos as my complex carb source over brown rice though and have mixed my ground meat with mashed sweet potatos also

Made my own version of this for kicks.

3 lbs of ground extra lean turkey
1 diced white onion
Mix brown whole grain rice to appropriate ratio
add oregeno and chives to spice it up a bit
add texas pete to give it a little kick

Suff is great. I take this to work along with isopure on my workout days and it definatly gives me everything I need.

Can not believe you would tell us NOT TO USE sour cream and cheese. It tastes SO GOOD with those ingredients. I bet you are also going to tell me that I should not use the cheese and sour cream and wrap it up in a tortilla...

meany....

Great quick meal that can be made in 20 minutes. I used pre-germinated rice instead of quick rice (I already had it cooked up for my lab for his diet).

one of my favorite simple meals is -

7 eggs (5 whites/2 whole) scrambled
3 links of turkey sausage ground up & mixed in
2 tablespoons of fresh garden salsa for a topping

330 calories, 40g protein, 6g fat, & 6 carbs.

I'll add more whites occasionally to up the protein levels.