• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Simple request...1-6 w/useful reticle...who makes?

ASH556

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2009
Braselton, GA
I can't find one of these anywhere. Now, if I had infinite funds, the new Leupold MK6 is the easy answer, but I simply don't have $2K to spend on an optic.

All I want is a 1-6 scope, with a mil hash reticle and matching .1 mil turrets. Some sort of illumination would be nice, but not required. If you took Leupold's VX-6 1-6 and put the TMR/Firedot out of the VX-R patrol in it, that would be perfect, but I talked to Leupold and they won't do it.

Does anyone else make something like this and I just can't find it?

Re: Simple request...1-6 w/useful reticle...who makes?

Can you compromise with a 1.5-6x? I have a USO SN-4 that I really like. They run about ~$1400. The EREK knob is great, and can be had in 0.1 MIL increments. JNG MIL reticle isn't bad either.

P8010328.jpg

1.5X
P8010329.jpg

6X
P8010330.jpg

opplanet-usoptics-sn4-15-6x28-2moa.jpg

While the Leupold reticles aren't as good, the VX-6 line does come with CDS elevation dials, so you can range the scope. It's not ideal for precision shots, but it will get you in the ballpark. Since I'm looking for one for my AR15 carbine, that's good enough for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I want is a 1-6 scope, with a mil hash reticle and matching .1 mil turrets. Some sort of illumination would be nice, but not required. If you took Leupold's VX-6 1-6 and put the TMR/Firedot out of the VX-R patrol in it, that would be perfect, but I talked to Leupold and they won't do it.</div></div>

Yes they will. It will be a custom shop option in a month or so with mil turrets and everything. I'll have one for review late next month. I talked about it in my shot show report thread.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...852#Post3124852

They are going to sell the crap out of this thing if they don't make the custom shop option part cost to much.

Will you have to send the scope back to Leupold to change it to the mil-dot reticle, or will you have to buy it directly from Leupold?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJimFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes they will. It will be a custom shop option in a month or so with mil turrets and everything. I'll have one for review late next month. I talked about it in my shot show report thread.

They are going to sell the crap out of this thing if they don't make the custom shop option part cost to much. </div></div>

I'm not questioning you, but I called the custom shop last week (2/23) and they told me 1/4 MOA was all I could get on the VX-6 scopes.

Any idea when they'll get their heads out of their asses?

Isn't SWFA making a version of their SS 1-4 FFP scope in a 1-6 power?

It still blows me away that Leupold hasn't even bothered putting the VX-6 line on their website yet. Nothing like marketing your new market changing line, and not telling anyone about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJimFish</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I want is a 1-6 scope, with a mil hash reticle and matching .1 mil turrets. Some sort of illumination would be nice, but not required. If you took Leupold's VX-6 1-6 and put the TMR/Firedot out of the VX-R patrol in it, that would be perfect, but I talked to Leupold and they won't do it.</div></div>

They are going to sell the crap out of this thing if they don't make the custom shop option part cost to much. </div></div>

Can you give me a contact at the custom shop? I'll buy one right now!

The USO is nice for sure, but at $1600 with the C2 reticle, I'd rather just go all out and get the MK6. However, if that Leupold custom shop thing is for real and costs less than $1200, that's the clear winner.

Vortex makes a 1-4 (I know, not 6) that is really nice and has a great reticle in it. It doesn't break the bank either. Scott at Liberty Optics can hook you up--when he gets some in, he may be out right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will you have to send the scope back to Leupold to change it to the mil-dot reticle, or will you have to buy it directly from Leupold?</div></div>

You will be able to buy it new and custom from Leupold. I do not know whether it will be available as a retrofit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not questioning you, but I called the custom shop last week (2/23) and they told me 1/4 MOA was all I could get on the VX-6 scopes.

Any idea when they'll get their heads out of their asses?</div></div>

Could be a little while. They only decided to offer the VX-6 with these features around the 14th and the person responsible for bringing all this together is traveling until the second half of March. This time of the year has quite a few optics shows from what I understand. I'll be sure to include, in my review of this scope, the prices for the custom work and the name of somebody in the custom shop who will know what is going on. I expect they will never have seen such a demand for one of their custom shop products before.

Bushnell has a couple listed. I'm very interested in theirs. Go to their website or one of the big dealers. I don't think it's out yet. Looks good for the dollar as usual.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASH556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't find one of these anywhere. Now, if I had infinite funds, the new Leupold MK6 is the easy answer, but <span style="color: #FF0000">I simply don't have $2K to spend on an optic.

All I want is a 1-6 scope, with a mil hash reticle and matching .1 mil turrets. Some sort of illumination would be nice, but not required.</span> If you took Leupold's VX-6 1-6 and put the TMR/Firedot out of the VX-R patrol in it, that would be perfect, but I talked to Leupold and they won't do it.

Does anyone else make something like this and I just can't find it? </div></div>

Sounds like you want a SS 1-6 HD, reportedly due out sometime in the first half of 2012. It has all that. I'm speculating but I'll bet it's around $1000 with the mount. I'm looking forward to it.

^ This and I'm waiting too,'SWFA for the win